Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical [PROBLEMS WITH ABILITIES? LOOK HERE!!] Activated DNA power GUI disappears
Since yesterday I've been running into an issue with activated DNA powers. I've been playing geneticist for awhile now but yesterday I couldn't get them to show up at all. Polymorphism, jumpy, adrenaline, fire breath, nothing worked. They'd just never show up when I switched to DNA hotbar. Restarting BYOND didn't fix anything. Today I played a round on Clarion (different from all my games yesterday) and ran into another form of the bug which may help nail it down. At the start of the round I was activating my innate powers, like cryokinesis and jumpy. If I had the DNA hotbar already open they initially popped up, but then they'd disappear if I switched between the hotbars. If I had the DNA hotbar open new activated abilities would show up. They would be slotted in the "correct" spot as if previous activated ability buttons were there, but of course those were invisible. After switching back and forth between hotbars once new abilities would continue to disappear.

I'd say this bug is a major problem because it really puts a crimp on at least half the fun of genetics. I've also noticed several other players talking about not being able to see their activated abilities, so it's not just me.
This was talked about super recently actually.  I don't know if it's been patched in or not.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
OKAY NOW IT'S FIXED
in light of this apparently still not being fixed, moved to open bugs
moving this back to the general bug forum so we can get more error reports
Hello I was told to post this here:

So on 5/13/19 Ass Day everyone in the station was made Omnitraitors. I was going around eating people with ling absorb and then I ran into two werewolves and we had a cool fight and everything. I eventually had to go horror form and beat them back but apparently one of them stung me with neurotoxin and I eventually passed out and either that made the horror form change me back into human or I passed out the exact moment horror form ran out, either way I noticed that after that instead of normal changeling abilities I was stuck with Horror form abilities and obviously you cannot use horror form abilities while in normal human form and I couldn't turn back into horror form because I couldn't absorb anyone because it was stuck on Devour. Heres a picture of it. I had tried to turn werewolf to see if that would fix it but that didn't work.

[Image: m4QkF45.png]
Is anyone still experiencing any of these issues?
I just had this issue on Oshan today while playing on the work PC (which is also a peice of crap) Even though I should of had eye lasers and jumpy, the DNA bar didn't show I had any of these icons. 

Theory
My work computer uses a 1680x1050 resolution monitor. Which, in byond, with client display > Icon settings > Stretch to Fit turned on; It causes black bars at the top and bottom of my game window unless I shrink my command/text box. This will remove the bars but make it harder to read messages. Anyway, the point I am getting around to is. Maybe having the game window not correctly fitting the byond client borders could be whats causing the issue.