Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven't played in probably years, greeted with "banned" message
Who banned you?: flourish
Byond Key: vsviridov
Date of Ban: no idea
Specified Reason for Ban: As a nonantag, set off a TTV, killing a random person and creating a large breach in a major hallway (the area between research and medbay on Cog1). When PM'd, said that they were trying to suicide bomb a wizard. When asked if they had read the rules, said that they haven't. Asked to read the rules and to let me know when they've finished doing so (the conversation was clearly not finished), but instead logged out. Please read the rules and make an appeal on the forums if you'd like to play here.
Ban Length: Permanent
What led to the ban? I have not played this game for what feels like a couple of years. It is possible that my byond password was compromised, but I'm about to change it. Or maybe my new IP address is banned by someone long ago... I just watched some fresh SS13 videos and wanted to play and goonstation is the only one I played so far.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: This was definitely not me, as I'm a total noob and don't even know what a TTV is...
NEW 22/04 as a trial: Which rule did you break? Guess that'd be rules 1 and 2...
Hey, sorry for the late response. Do you happen to have a pirated copy of Windows or anything like that?
(05-12-2019, 07:07 AM)Flourish Wrote: Hey, sorry for the late response. Do you happen to have a pirated copy of Windows or anything like that?

No worries...

I have a genuine OEM copy of Win7 that came with the laptop, which was later upgraded to Win10... I'm not sure if the ban was issued to the byond key or some hardware fingerprint...
Gotcha. How many different computers have you used to connect to Goon?
(05-13-2019, 07:34 PM)Flourish Wrote: Gotcha. How many different computers have you used to connect to Goon?

I've had this one for at least 5 years, it was repaired and fully factory reset once... That's pretty much it. It's my main machine.
That's interesting, thanks for the info. I've unbanned you now, sorry for the wait. Let me know if you have any trouble connecting.
(05-15-2019, 01:31 PM)Flourish Wrote: That's interesting, thanks for the info. I've unbanned you now, sorry for the wait. Let me know if you have any trouble connecting.

Thanks, much appreciated...