Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Could Lizard Nerfs please be stopped until there's a justified reason to nerf them?
I will say I'm not a fan of the thermoregulation things that lizards have now, but probably for a completely different reason than that of most people.

Brains are energetically expensive, damn it!  If you have a constant large energy requirement (as opposed to the other major energy sink, the digestive system, which is inconstant) you're pretty much going to have to be an endotherm.
If ur shivering just click urself a bunch. Boom, everyones thermo-regulated!?
I thought non-spacebux roundstart race selection was a mistake when it was implemented and the monthly struggle sessions about lizard mains upset about changes has done nothing to convince me it wasn't. I think superlagg's and others' sprucing up of aliens has been sick to follow as it has progressed over time, but obviously this sort of thing is an obstacle for that kind of continued development. I can't lie, if major human features got changed around all the time I bet people who play humans would be irritable too, it's an understandable reaction.

Easy solution: Revert roundstart race options. Suddenly, the aliens become a whole lot more alien again, and development can be done on them without it interrupting a ton of players' ingame workflow, essentially.
Roundstart race options are good. It makes people happy!

People should, however, come to expect this game to be ever changing and the stated goals of changing up human mutants to come to pass.
(01-12-2021, 12:09 PM)Leeanei Wrote: Roundstart race options are good. It makes people happy!

People should, however, come to expect this game to be ever changing and the stated goals of changing up human mutants to come to pass.

Wise words
(01-12-2021, 01:00 PM)CommaIndividual Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 12:09 PM)Leeanei Wrote: Roundstart race options are good. It makes people happy!

Wise words

While I understand the want to make humanoid mutants more unique with interesting gameplay mechanics I feel like enforcing it on everyone playing a specific race rather poor. If anything I feel like the buffs/nerfs should also be OPTIONS available on the perk screen ONLY when the user chooses the race. This would allow the users just wanting the cosmetic change to get what they want while also letting the users wanting more extreme modification to their play style to have what they want as well.
It really wouldn't make sense to have lizards that are just cosmetic and lizards that also have different mechanics if they both look the same. And we have been wanting to move away from solely cosmetic mutant races.
"No thermoregulation" isnt accurate. They still have weak thermoregulation, which is fine enough. Seeing tier 1 invisibility is actually fucking insane, and if that means I have to shiver once every 5 minutes, so be it.

Not to mention I play lizard primarily cosmetically anyway. Thats not to say I am opposed to the dev team's wishes to move to gameplay differences, m all for that!
For people who don't care to read the code, What exactly is covered by tier 1 invisibility that lizard people can see?
(01-12-2021, 07:58 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: For people who don't care to read the code, What exactly is covered by tier 1 invisibility that lizard people can see?

I attempted to code dive this but the infrared code is fucking EVERYWHERE, but from what I know:

Genetic Invisibility
Vampire Cloak
Grinch Cloak
(01-12-2021, 08:32 PM)Kapu1178 Wrote: I attempted to code dive this but the infrared code is fucking EVERYWHERE, but from what I know:

Genetic Invisibility
Vampire Cloak
Grinch Cloak
vampire and grinch cloaks are the same as genetic invisibility. (cloak of darkness and chameleon respectively) which are both level 1
funfact, grinchcloak actually sets invisible 2 on mob critters but for humans it gives chameleon.
(also not to mention theres an unused vamp cloak on non sprinting)
the infrared trait also gives "see_invisible = 1" making it the exact same as lizards.

id say just bump up grinch and vampire cloaks to level 2, could add a var called 'strength' to the bioeffects and have a subtype for vampires and grinches.