Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor AI can still state laws if they're dead but haven't ghosted.
If the AI dies with its core intact (in my case by admin 'splosion), but doesn't ghost, they can still State All Laws and State Laws 1-3, though as you might expect, the lines just go straight into deadchat. 

A little bit high on the game-breakingness scale, since it could let people know of AI Laws without being DNR, but at that point, when the AI's dead and capable of doing this, they're usually more than willing to talk about their laws and such.
the requirement to DNR yourself to view AI laws as a ghost is stupid because one person can "take one for the team" and reveal all the laws anyway, or a borg or anyone else who's seen them can just copy and paste it. i never understood why the DNR requirement was a thing
Well the DNR thing is to prevent someone from scanning themselves, dying on purpose, and reading it in the hopes of being cloned by someone else, right?

I can't help but feel that someone "taking one for the team" is breaking a rule somewhere.
You could also get scanned, die, check the observe list (or even chat) for Gib*Co Overlord, and then get revived, which DNR isn't required for. RP1's rules explicitly forbid using knowledge acquired while you're dead if you get revived for this reason, though I don't think the other servers do.

DNR also prohibits you from becoming a ghostdrone or ghost critter, both things that shouldn't be acting on AI law information in any case.
Yeah anyone "taking one for the team" here is definitely breaking metagaming rules in some way.
https://wiki.ss13.co/Metagaming
It's covered under in-game stuff under the general term of "please don't abuse things to get information you shouldn't have".

Please don't force us to have to make new rules or add additional constraints.

Related to the actual problem at hand, though, not a super high priority bug given as you said AI players can just talk about their rules anyway.
That's actually listed in the RP rules, but not mirrored onto the standard rules:

Quote:Don’t use OOC information or knowledge that your character would not reasonably be aware of just to give yourself an advantage. In other words, don’t powergame or metagame. This includes things such as shouting “LING!” right after you as a player realize that you’ve been stung, or rolling captain every round just to do genetics. Deadchat is considered OOC, and so you should not be using the information you learned from there to inform your IC decisions. Conversely, a changeling’s hivemind is considered IC, and so you should not be bringing in OOC content or information.

I'm not sure what the stance is on using deadchat on non-RP servers is; it's always seemed much more blurred.
My understanding on the rules was anything you learned in dead chat could be acted on in game, even if you would otherwise not know, as long as it's not server #1 of course.

Though doing things like calling out unknown antags or mindslaves is still kind of a dick move.