Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Unban Appeal - Banned by my Dad (Gerhazo)
Who banned you?: My father, Gerhazo

Byond Key: MrBonesTheShekelStealer

Date of Ban: 4-23-19

Specified Reason for Ban: Metagaming with Tjrelyts

Ban Length: Permaban  frown

What led to the ban? Alright, story time alright? So let me set the stage, I find a really cool game yeah? I started playing it, and decided to show it to my friend, Tjrelyts (Tyler). I started teaching him about the game and how it is usually played. But, here is where is gets BAD  Oh... heh, I was just... . We were using discord to communicate every single moment that we were both playing. We were breaking a rule without knowing, which is kinda scary. Then we went on and on and on and on with this, causing only one death through metagaming. We really didn't do much with that power, you know. I think it really didn't affect anyone but eachother when we wanted to do something interesting. But breaking a rule is breaking a rule. Soon Dad took his belt out and injected me with a neurotoxin, and Tyler soon came to my aid. This gave my father enough proof to beat both me and Tyler with the belt and we were soon both banned Banging head against the wall . I gotta say, that was sorta smart. 

Examples of metagaming: About every round I've played. DJ Homo, that one dead guy that I didn't have proof for, everything and the kitchen sink.

TLDR: We were metagaming for about two months and, although it didn't affect people too much, it was still something that we did wrong. I was just trying to teach him how to play the game, but I guess we sorta were interfering with other people's fun. We did wrong to the community and the moderators for metagaming and we're sorry. We slipped up and we won't do it again, as that would be very not nice. And I can say that I can be reasonable when needed, like right now to a degree. Again, sorry for everything, we messed up and ruined the game for everyone.

Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: Well, I don't  think I can give a good reason why I should be unbanned, but I'll give it my best shot alright? I am sorry, I admitted my faults, I am honest, I will not do it again and If you would like, I will invite you into both my group chat I use for SS13 and my discord that I use so that you may monitor our chat (and maybe have a little bit of fun just ask for the server details) 

NEW 22/04 as a trial: Which rule did you break? 3. Metagaming  my mouth is opening oh no
Evasion Attempts: Attempting to join the server, complaining to the admins, passive agressively typing .unban in the bot command channel for you to see and be persuaded to unban me.

AGAIN: Sorry for everything, I truly am, even if it doesn't look like I am.

If this doesn't get 5 starred I will be very angry
What's with the really odd "father" thing?
Hello!
A few things to deal with first.

I presume you're doing the whole father thing as a way of flattery or something else but it realy doesn't come off that way in practice and just turns out looking weird and creepy. Was that your intention? It's not really proper, wouldn't fly as proper behavior inside the game either and should probably be knocked off. It makes the whole appeal feel much less serious as well.

Outside of that the rest of the appeal is legitimate and could have done without the previous thing and you've described your metagaming history(even if not in great detail).

Though you might have stopped, as a precautionary reminder, this server takes a very serious stance on edgy or offensive humor as well as bigotry. Stuff like the DJ Homo example you mentioned is not allowed. Calling people retarded or using any offensive slurs won't pass either and it has to be taken seriously to avoid issues.

I've mentioned it in your friend's appeal, but once again. It's understandable to want to play together, however the game operates on the shroud of mystery of who could be a traitor or not and having that outside direct line of communication completely breaks that aspect of the game. Not just that but it's extremely unfair to the other players as they see a two man duo robbing places or sharing each other equipment without any greater reason. It detracts from people's enjoyment and in the long run so does to yours. Playing the game while talking with another person doing so as well is not allowed.

You shouldn't post in other people's unban appeals without constructive information, which is clearly outlined in one of the sticky threads and further is a bad look.
Furthermore, the Discord server isn't a place to discuss bans and you should listen to staff's instructions.
Regardless of your intentions or validity of it, people are uncomfortable around the "the shekel stealer" nickname in your account key and it'd be appreciated to have it changed(which would involve making a new account on BYOND, on discord it's a simple change in the settings). If you do so, please mention your new account's name here.

Please reply to these points at your earliest convenience. The appeal isn't going anywhere so feel free to take your time and address these concerns thoroughly.
So it's sorta unclear what you want me to do, but the whole father thing I saw as funny. It also allowed me to give an interesting narrative to my thing.

That's about it right? Cool beans.
Since you're not clear on what you need to do, I'll just copy and paste some of the parts of it you didn't acknowledge.
Gerhazo asked for a reply to each point, which make up the gist of your ban.

[*]as a precautionary reminder, this server takes a very serious stance on edgy or offensive humor as well as bigotry. Stuff like the DJ Homo example you mentioned is not allowed. Calling people retarded or using any offensive slurs won't pass either and it has to be taken seriously to avoid issues.

[*]You shouldn't post in other people's unban appeals without constructive information, which is clearly outlined in one of the sticky threads and further is a bad look.

[*]Furthermore, the Discord server isn't a place to discuss bans and you should listen to staff's instructions.

[*]Regardless of your intentions or validity of it, people are uncomfortable around the "the shekel stealer" nickname in your account key and it'd be appreciated to have it changed(which would involve making a new account on BYOND, on discord it's a simple change in the settings). If you do so, please mention your new account's name here.

That last point is particularly non-negotiable.
Quote my post and reply to each of these 4 bullets, and we can start going somewhere. Put a little meat into it.
Look home slice, we'll see what's cookin' on the Foreman with this proposal alright? So look, all this typing nonsense is getting a little bit too long, I am inviting you, Gerhazo, to a nice little chit chat on discord. I have friended you and await your acceptance cause this is taking a bit too long. There, me and Tyler can go over everything again and then we can get everything sorted out. To decline this is to decline an easier way out of this. When you friend me I'll call ya. I'll see ya then dude.
This is a reasonable action right? I see so many people viewing this

My tag is Mr. Bones The Shekel Stealer#9531 if you don't want to look at your friends list
I'm not sure what could be an "easier way out of this" when the subject at hand is very clear and simple(answering a few questions).

Your friend's shown a professional stance on his ban and simply stated their appeal as well as having responded to provided questions and had their ban removed for that very reason.

They avoided any unnecessary posts and were straight to the point.
We don't handle "pretty please" requests for unbans, neither calling the banning admins dads or otherwise handling ban matters in discord conversations.

You're making this much harder and complicated than it needs to be and for that record, please refer to the previous post and address the provided points.
Yeah but there's too much back and forth, it's better if we do it here and now via speech so nothing changes overnight
Nothing'll change overnight, with the beauty that is text(disregarding potential edits that I assure won't be happening).
The mentioned points will remain here for as long as you need to address them. Feel free to do so at your own pace.
Alright,
1. DJ Homo wasn't me at all.
2. I'm sorry for posting in other people's ban appeals. I won't do it again without "Constructive" comments.
3. I'm not even going back into the discord but I'm sorry for that. It will literally never happen again.
4. Since I will not be joining the discord due to recent hostility towards me, this shouldn't be a problem. I usually don't like to be berated by tons of angry people who hate me. As for my BYOND account, I will not be changing that, but I'll keep it out of sight. I never use OOC so no one will ever see it. Furthermore, this is the first time in two years that I've had a problem with my username. Since yesterday, I have asked my friends of the Jewish Faith if they find my username upsetting and/or offensive. Their response, no. These people who seem to be offended, do not have validity in their complaints if they are not of the Jewish Faith, as they would have no reason to be offended. However, like I said, I'll keep it on the low. My name in the game is Ryan Razu anyways so there is no seeing Mr. Bones. I see it as this, take a look at a saltine cracker. A saltine cracker is a snack. It has the word cracker in it so it must be a derogatory term towards Caucasians right? It just silly. Again, I am staying out of the discord and I am not touching OOC, which means no one will ever see my full username.

Also the dad thing I found really funny and it allowed me to enjoy writing the ban appeal. That's, about it

Just harmless fun

Why do so many of you congregate in order to make a response, goodness me

It's a bit scary
Despite the validity or lack thereof, the coincidental grouping of "shekel stealer" does raise a red flag for people and has tipped off players as well as admins. We ordinarily ask to use a different account key in these sorts of situations. Keys like MrBones or RyanRazu(as I'd be surprised if the former wasn't already taken) would be perfectly fine without any possible negative connotation, as an example.

The reminder about the edgy/offensive content rules(point 1) was because of the kind of humor you've presented with the "dad" thing. Doing so in-game would have you yelled at for being creepy. This was established already in my earlier post and I believe you're already aware so I also wished to remind you about the other part of the speech rules to avoid potential issues after coming back.

Anyways, the first part of this post will have to be resolved, as mentioned.
Can I be MrBonesTheShekelKeeper?

That's not a red flag
(05-09-2019, 02:50 PM)Ryan Razu Wrote: Alright,
1. DJ Homo wasn't me at all.
2. I'm sorry for posting in other people's ban appeals. I won't do it again without "Constructive" comments.
3. I'm not even going back into the discord but I'm sorry for that. It will literally never happen again.
4. Since I will not be joining the discord due to recent hostility towards me, this shouldn't be a problem. I usually don't like to be berated by tons of angry people who hate me. As for my BYOND account, I will not be changing that, but I'll keep it out of sight. I never use OOC so no one will ever see it. Furthermore, this is the first time in two years that I've had a problem with my username. Since yesterday, I have asked my friends of the Jewish Faith if they find my username upsetting and/or offensive. Their response, no. These people who seem to be offended, do not have validity in their complaints if they are not of the Jewish Faith, as they would have no reason to be offended. However, like I said, I'll keep it on the low. My name in the game is Ryan Razu anyways so there is no seeing Mr. Bones. I see it as this, take a look at a saltine cracker. A saltine cracker is a snack. It has the word cracker in it so it must be a derogatory term towards Caucasians right? It just silly. Again, I am staying out of the discord and I am not touching OOC, which means no one will ever see my full username.

Also the dad thing I found really funny and it allowed me to enjoy writing the ban appeal. That's, about it

Just harmless fun

Why do so many of you congregate in order to make a response, goodness me

It's a bit scary

Gonna butt-in here since apparently you think which prayers I speak are relevant to rules 2 and 10? 

Revisiting #4, as one of many resident players "of the Jewish Faith", I'm sticking to it. It will take you less than five minutes to get it done, and doesn't even require you to do anything drastic. Nobody's asking you to change anything more than that, and of course, to abide by the rules. This being one of them. 

The Jews are tired, and they'd like to be done with this, because the request is not up for debate.
We asked, you can either abide or walk away.  
Link the new account once it's made, thanks!

edit: i see this isnt being taken seriously, even now. I'm dissapointed
It doesn't have shekels and stealing in it, so it can't be derogatory at all

just shekels

which is in no way possibly bad

I'm gonna butt in here, is MrBonesTheShekelKeeper alright by any chance? I feel like it is completely safe and family friendly. Like there is no negative connotations and I still get to keep a bit of my username

I want to make sure so nothing goes wrong

Sorry if that was sas btw, I didn't mean it like that