Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Shell Harm Mode UI Bug
The AI shell has a UI similar to the one you get when playing as a borg, right down to the harm/help toggle (although sans arrows, since obviously the shell isn't meant to be able to harm people by hitting them). However, if you click the "Help" toggle in an attempt to switch to harm, it turns grey and glitched out looking and (if memory serves) can't be toggled back to fix it.

I discovered this when I got a law from an ion storm requiring me to depressurize botany, but had no borgs. I tried to switch to harm and see if I could bash in a window with my flashlight.

On a sort-of related note, it said I was hitting the reinforced window with the flashlight but it never broke, although I have no idea whether that's a deliberate feature so shells can' t go around slowly beating people to death, another bug, or if flashlights just aren't robust enough to crack reinforced glass.
I think flashlights are classified as small items, and most small items don't have any force at all, so that isn't a bug. The grey thingy is though, I've noticed it too but I was able to switch between all three choices: help, grey weird thing, and harm.
Another AI bug.
If you drag and drop the AI onto you like you stripping someone it shows the AI's view, what camera he's using.

And the new AI icon is terrible.
Tteckk Wrote:Another AI bug.
If you drag and drop the AI onto you like you stripping someone it shows the AI's view, what camera he's using.

That isn't a bug. And I like the new AI sprite frown
The new AI sprite is OK but it's the stupid massive face that looks v. out of place
Klayboxx Wrote:
Tteckk Wrote:Another AI bug.

That isn't a bug. And I like the new AI sprite frown
I thought that was a bug when I found it out too, and I also like the new AI sprite.
the grey thing is the only bug here afaict
Tteckk Wrote:And the new AI icon is terrible.
fuck off
Another thing about the AI shell. For me, simply using ";" to talk over the general radio channel doesn't seem to work, or at least there isn't any visual confirmation that the message went through. So I have to manually force the microphone on/off, which is somewhat annoying and inconvenient.
Convair880 Wrote:Another thing about the AI shell. For me, simply using ";" to talk over the general radio channel doesn't seem to work, or at least there isn't any visual confirmation that the message went through. So I have to manually force the microphone on/off, which is somewhat annoying and inconvenient.

this has been a bug for as long as i can remember please fix it already
The radio seems to work as intended now. Thanks for fixing it, ISaidNo!