Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgue improvements
The morgue chute is a great idea, but unless the medical staff are checking it regularly, chances are that corpses that end up in there will stay there unattended.

I suggest adding a mailbot that pings doctors, geneticists, roboticists and the detective whenever there is a corpse dumped through the chute.

Likewise, the Chaplain should get notified whenever a corpse winds up in the crematorium.

It might also be a good idea to give a cash incentive to those delivering corpses, but that might be a bit trickier.
yes to all these ideas.
Anticheese Wrote:The morgue chute is a great idea, but unless the medical staff are checking it regularly, chances are that corpses that end up in there will stay there unattended.

I suggest adding a mailbot that pings doctors, geneticists, roboticists and the detective whenever there is a corpse dumped through the chute.

Likewise, the Chaplain should get notified whenever a corpse winds up in the crematorium.

It might also be a good idea to give a cash incentive to those delivering corpses, but that might be a bit trickier.

This was actually already being worked on actually by IBM and I, auto-ping chutes have been in progress since the morgue was redesigned. I'll see if I can have it finished by today.
Anticheese Wrote:It might also be a good idea to give a cash incentive to those delivering corpses, but that might be a bit trickier.

I made good $$$ one round selling spare butts and brains to the Chef

maybe one of the QM traders could start asking for spare limbs
Awesome, this feature is in.

Mozi: That seems like it'd be the dark wizard trader's bag. He already asks for brains!
Would it be possible to add a notification to the chaplains PDA for when someone are in the confession booth? Maybe a "Call chaplain" button in the booth.
That way you could call for the chaplains attention without giving up your name.
Kaet Wrote:Would it be possible to add a notification to the chaplains PDA for when someone are in the confession booth? Maybe a "Call chaplain" button in the booth.
That way you could call for the chaplains attention without giving up your name.

Yeah, that should be doable. I'll see if I can rig up a ringer button to ping them, and then use that for a bunch of other jobs too.
A little bell like button for Sec customs (for alerting hop to jobs requests)

Button in medbay (for alerting doctors who aren't near medbay for some reason)

Button in security (for alerting a security officer to the sec office, or getting them out of brig)

Alternatively perhaps have a bulk text to specific departments, e.g alert all sec officers ___

That way someone with a pda can just contact an entire department and hope someone notices.
That'd be pretty useful, have a button on your PDA to ping either security or medical staff about your PDA's whereabouts.

DISTRESS SIGNAL RECEIVED FROM PDA (Jay Wolff) IN DINER BATHROOM
You could be pretty creative with pda distress signals

e.g Build a proximity bomb that goes off when someone gets too close to the pda.

It's almost like laying down bait for a trap.
from what i remember, corpses still rot even when they're placed inside of the morgue trays