Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor 2 people simultaniosly aggressive grabbing creates lag
When 2 people are fighting and manage to simultaniously aggressive grab one another at the same time, it will create a huge amount near game freezing lag.
Im guessing this is because they are trying to pull each other onto their own tile, but both do this at the same time.
Grabbing in general appears to create game-breaking lag. I remember fucking around with grab intent with Roman one time to make a fuckton of steps occur at once when we tried moving towards each other with grab intent, or something. Sadly I can't remember the details, but we realized that it was almost definitely the source of lagspikes.
I dont think it does this when both are doing the soft grab, but I would rather not test it out.
Also I should change "game freezing" to "server freezing" lag. Its not just client side. Seen people immediately ask for lag over the radio after this happend.
I can confirm this a thing that indeed happens, much like when two people slipped over the same tile repeatedly with old space lube. Perhaps related to that?