Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Pinning people (advanced grab techniques)
Something we lack in game is an effective means of stopping a person from running away without the use of restraints. The next best option is to choke them out, and try to monitor their health so you don't accidentally strangle them to death

So how about a lighter version of that, where you force the person on the ground and then lie on top of them to hold them in place?

It could still be something they could resist out of, but with a much lower success rate on par with bursting out of lockers. In exchange, the person  pinning the other wouldn't be able to perform any other actions or even move while maintaining the pin.

I imagine this could defuse a lot of accidental deaths, as fights could result in a pin and then a chat between the two fighters until other people show up to help
Yes please. I already had problems with murdering clowns when attempting to talk to them.
I really like the concept, there should be a way to hold someone in place without stuns or handcuffs for a short while.

I imagine that it could be added so that it is like the grab slam, but you can make a pin when you click on help intent or something.

But I think there are some specifics that need fleshing out. Naturally, of the grabber moves, it should cancel the pin. But I think that the pin should be harder to break than just pressing resist. Because pressing resist while in a grab has no down side, it costs no stamina, it can't hurt you, and you can spam it pretty fast. Perhaps resisting out of regular grabs should cost stamina and resisting out of pins should have a lower chance and cost more stamina.
What kyle said, also this would be amazing for wrestling
Indeed a method to restrain someone without any fancy cuffs is a very useful idea.
I would like this yes. Just make it so they have to resist once and then a timer starts like when you try to flip out of the portabrig. Make it give like flavor text every minute or so of them trying to get out of the hold
If its a progress bar similar in timing to the choke then I don't see any problems with having it as an alternative.
however, if there is no progress bar and it'd be quicker/instant then there'd be a lot of very severe consequences .
I really like this idea