MeWaka Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Christopher Firewood

BYOND Username: MeWaka

Recommended by (if applicable): EristheSlackWyrm, Avack, Thatguywiththeface, cannonman

Times Available: Around 2 to 4 hours a day, not available on Sundays, though.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 

Almost everything I know about this game comes either from 3 things: Mentors, wiki and personal experience. It mostly comes up to me sponging up knowledge from a guy telling me his hellsmoke recipe, to someone to telling me to check my PDA to know if the AI is alive to accidentally discovering that you can put your own heart into a material refiner (without removing it).

That's a feeling I want to replicate if I ever get to be a mentor, teaching people stuff that they eventually learn about and memorize it.

But you may ask what I know and what I may contribute to the game, and also who the fuck I am.

Let's answer the "Who are you?" question first.

I mainly play on 2 as Christopher Firewood (see above) and my usual jobs are usually: Scientist/RD, MD and AI occasionally, Janitor if I feel like making messes. ckey is MeWaka.

What do you know and may contribute to the game?

First off, I'm no turbonerd, I can't do these massive hellburns as some old CE players can, I can't do some geneva-breaking chemical mixes like some insane RD's can do, I can't solo Solarium as some telenerds can. But I can do enough to help me in many situations.
Basically a little bit of, but of course I am way more experienced in some areas than I am in others and vice-versa, I know the Oshan engine but I suffer when it comes to the TEG, I know how to heal people but never made a proper path, but of course that doesn't mean I know that when a big red message pops up saying "The generator hungers!" stuff isn't going so well with the engine.
So yeah to summarize my entire game knowledge, I know:

Chemistry and Artscience: What I basically head to when I'm a Scientist/RD. I know how to make quite a few chems but never made one secret chem

Security: I like playing Security, I know my way around it, who to kill and why to kill, stuff like that. Sometimes I goof a bit but act seriously when needed.

Oshan Engine: I sometimes go CE when it's Oshan.

Basic Packets and MechComp: Whenever I need to open a door or a locker, and I don't have tools, I usually resort to packets. I know how to get the access code.

Doctoring: I know the healing chems and how to use them, same with surgery.

Mining: Pretty simple, I know which rocks are bad, and which ones are good.

I know a few other things too, general misc knowledge.

Previous Bans:

I have done shit, been shit, but was never shit enough to get banned.
+1, I've had good experiences with em in the past when I used to be able to play
christopher good, mentor he
Wait, you're not a mentor already? Mentor this man

+1
+1
word count
has been seen being good, despite being a name thief  smilie with a protruding tongue
Solid knowledge, fine bloke. Will make good mentor IMO.
zewaka is already a coder why r they putting in a mentor app
christopher firewood has been pretty cool when ive interracted w/ em, and mewaka on discord is helpful. theyre a good fit!
Playing with Christopher Firewood is a blast. Since I first saw them and up until now they have been the type of person who wants to learn, who wants the round to be fun instead of wanting to win.

IMO, Being mentor is more than just knowledge of some nerdy fart game. its also about being trustworthy with the in game questions we get and a good chap who can both teach gameplay and set an example on how to make the game fun through their actions. And I think MeWaka has this in spades. +1 for Menthol cause you are a fresh of breath air.

As a clown main. I might be biased cause Bubbles is a fresh clown college graduate with high grades in "FUN FOR ALL! FREE FOR ALL YEEHONK" classes. But that is the right attitude to have
0/10 Firewood biblegibbed themselves and lost my Jug Of Moonshine after my court trial. Purple them as punishment.
After that last round, I have my doubts.

In that round, while dead and as a ghost floating around, he spotted a doctor setting up a mindslave cloner in maint. Upon being revived, he immediately went to beat down the traitor doctor and call a sec posse on him to hunt him down, while openly admitting it was because he'd learned of it as a ghost - the traitor doctor hadn't actually done anything other than set it up at that point.

Even if it's not against the rules, it's kind of a shitty play-to-win attitude to have, and if that's how you behave on a regular basis, I have my doubts that you can be trusted not to metagame with mentorhelp information, which is pretty much the one thing mentors are required not to do.
I think MeWaka has enough general knowledge and experience to answer most of the common mentor helps even if he doesn’t know some of the more obscure or advanced mechanics.

I haven’t really ghosted him much ingame but I’ve had interactions with him before and he was generally competent in what his was trying to do. He seems to pick up most things pretty fast.

I still don’t know know if his name was meant to troll ZeWaka though Mysterious happenings!
(05-01-2019, 11:35 AM)Roomba Wrote: After that last round, I have my doubts.

In that round, while dead and as a ghost floating around, he spotted a doctor setting up a mindslave cloner in maint. Upon being revived, he immediately went to beat down the traitor doctor and call a sec posse on him to hunt him down, while openly admitting it was because he'd learned of it as a ghost - the traitor doctor hadn't actually done anything other than set it up at that point.

Even if it's not against the rules, it's kind of a shitty play-to-win attitude to have, and if that's how you behave on a regular basis, I have my doubts that you can be trusted not to metagame with mentorhelp information, which is pretty much the one thing mentors are required not to do.

Alright, I'll clarify a few things.

First off, I did very much see him as a ghost setting up the cloner, when I was cloned I went on my merry-way going around the station, I did NOT immediately go this his cloner, until the doctor invited me into his "shenanigans"(?, Can't remember the word he used), so I then went in and saw his mindslave, I then IMPULSIVELY beat him, jerk action of mine. I'll purely admit it. I will take full guilt over this action.

Another thing, I very much did SEE his mindslave setup, so not pure metagaming.

Now if the fact that I did say the "I saw you as a ghost!" is up for an admin with logs, as I cannot remember.

Another thing is that, that was DEFINITELY not my usual and common behavior, sometimes I do dickish and jerkish things, but it's rare.

Second off, the security thing was AFTER I saw it, I did not try "hunt" him I just said "crimer over there, I had full knowledge about it, I did also very much mention that he did not harm anyone and the HoS was planning on a trial. The doctor got angry and left.

Alright, I think that's everything?
Christopher is a good chap, he put his heart into the material reclaimer, now let's put the rest of him into the mentor reclaimer! pres butan to go Heh
When enlisted as a wizard in replacement of another wishing to give up their antag role, proceeded using all of his knowledge to fail and get horribly murdered while attempting to complete his only objective, destroying the bonsai tree.
On numerous occasions the federation watches him use arcane trickery to get into several more unusual scenarios and fail horribly in each one in such ways that astound even the greatest scribers in writing down, one notable being the just mentioned placing of own heart into a material reclaimer.

This is a man of great mystery and would fill an unique niche in the mentor department.

Also, he's solid, +1.