Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Reworking Motives (I’ve got the Joy edition)
(11-05-2020, 02:19 PM)Leeanei Wrote: Bladder was a godawful motive because it worked against RP. Nobody RPs in the toilets(I hope) and peeing yourself at a bad time ruined many an antag's final monologue/speech/etcetera that killed drama in what should have been a dramatic moment. Just felt bad for everyone involved.

Im personally not a fan of bladder and hygine motives. I dont think they particularly fit Goon, considering the fact that we're not the kind of MRP server that would be into those sort of mechanics.
Is it planned to integrate existing chems into these motive systems?

Eating food made out of 80% salt or drinking beer or a coke with lots of salt should probably result in a faster rate of dehydration.
Alcohol already accelerates your thirst motive and it accelerated your bladder motive as well when it was still around
I've updated the OP of this post to reflect some feedback !!

The main changes are as follows:

1. Starving is now called Malnutrition.
2. Eating/drinking at low needs now has a clear benefit, reducing the rate of decay while increasing your stamina/health.
3. Trimmed the fat of the effects of Hunger/Thirst. It's much more clear now. Thirst decays quicker than hunger and is generally more negative!
4. The currently implemented "apathy" effect is now tied in with the Malnutrition and Dehydrated ailment, with a tweak.
5. While Malnutrition / Dehydration has its unique debuffs, they also both have a 50% Food/Drink reduction in effectiveness. This ties in with...
6. Nutrients/Saline is no longer the main cure. As Mordent pointed out, it would be better if they acted as a "jumpstart". They are the most effective way of treating both the ailments, but you can eat/drink your way out of it too, you'll just need 1.5 more food/drink to do so.
7. Suggestion regarding the penlight as a means to assessing Ailment!
8. Stress is still very much WIP in terms of ideas, so feel free to suggest. I've changed the Ailment Disturbed to be less lethal, adding in a (somewhat unique) effect of it switching your intents occasionally, with corresponding text.
9. Like Malnutrition/Dehydration, Disturbed no longer requires just Halo to cure, instead it acts as the most effective cure but you can fix yourself through non medical means if necessary.