Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
make the HoS app easier/simpler/trial hos rounds
(06-19-2019, 09:54 PM)Technature Wrote: This is possible with shitcurity members, as they tend to ruin one or two different round experiences and get called out on their shit really fast. The HoS on the other hand has access to really nasty shit and a potential army that probably won't question him when he says "tranq this prick and chuck him into space", making it difficult to know who's to blame til the damage has been done.

In other words, they're exactly the same as the Captain. The Captain has all the same power and authority to ruin rounds, they can unlock the crates easily with a little know-how, and even if they don't they can just order shit from Cargo.

I've done all kinds of shit as Captain. No one questions you if you have the hat.

(06-19-2019, 09:54 PM)Technature Wrote: This case could be made for literally all but the absolute most basic of roles. Let's remove science because someone is griefing with explosions, let's remove QM cause someone is griefing with phasers, let's remove mining because someone is griefing with horrifying weapons and armor, let's remove engineering because this is like the tenth time the engine has caught fire and I'm starting to think it's on purpose.

You can grief in any role, sure. But if a job is solely attracting griefers and its' existence is making the game worse, is it your position that it should not be removed? (Apart from clown) If HoS is really such a pivotal role that can only be entrusted to the elite few, does it really belong in the game?

To be clear though, my argument is that it's not actually that important at all. Not that it should be removed.

(06-19-2019, 09:54 PM)Technature Wrote: If you don't want to write an essay, then don't apply for HoS. It's just to weed out people who don't want to seriously consider making the game more fun for everyone more or less, and it honestly seems like it's working.

I wrote an essay. The problem isn't that there's a barrier for entry, it's that the barrier is stupidly high and unwarranted given the power and responsibility you get. That barrier is not actually doing what its supposed to. It was supposed to raise the quality of players in the position. Instead, it has more or less removed the position entirely.

(06-20-2019, 12:49 PM)OMJ Wrote: What’re the hard numbers on what % of rounds have a HoS? I’d guess 8%?

I'd say 5% or fewer on Goon2.

Messages In This Thread
RE: make the HoS app easier/simpler/trial hos rounds - by Vengarr - 06-20-2019, 02:52 PM