Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
make the HoS app easier/simpler/trial hos rounds
(06-19-2019, 08:11 PM)Vengarr Wrote: There's zero reason for HOS to be a whitelisted job. It's been suggested that this was done to prevent griefing. In practical terms, the Captain has all the round-ruining power of the HoS and the ability to easily open the armory crates if they know how to packet hack, and it's not whitelisted. I've also seen it suggested that a whitelist weeds out bad players and gives the crew "someone they can trust". This is laughable since I can think of at least two who are terrible at playing Security period, let alone Head of Security.

HoS on Goonstation is just a Secret Club, and a sadly small one at that.

If the skill quality is what matters, HoS and other Head positions should be time-locked like they are on other servers. If the player quality is what matters, just job ban shitty HoS players like we do other shitty players. If the job itself is somehow a magnet for shitters? Just remove it entirely. Given how few people actually play HoS, it's already 2/3rds of the way to removal. In any case, making people write an essay and submit it to the Maesters for approval is flat-out dumb.

i agree with this tbh. i think a like 15h security played requirement should be enough for HoS. but the essay’s not going away so may as well adapt.

Any move that boosts the amount of HoSes is the right one. They can always be jobbanned!

or as I’ve previously said open the beret up to all mentors

Messages In This Thread
RE: make the HoS app easier/simpler/trial hos rounds - by OMJ - 06-20-2019, 06:30 AM