Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
make the HoS app easier/simpler/trial hos rounds
(04-30-2019, 02:43 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Good post. I've been complaining about a lot of the same stuff in discord for a while but haven't actually done anything about it. I've long hated the "brig layout" question. It was fine 5 or 6 years ago, but now has no use.

I like your idea of trial HoS, that sounds like it was fun. I agree with Flourish that reducing required word count as a result of a successful trial HoS app is probably not the way to go about it. Perhaps that is a section that can be added to the HoS app explicitly or it should just count as a recommendation. Probably the latter because adding a whole other "trial run" section that the applicant would have to organize with an admin or HoS before their application is another hurdle to jump through. And if the goal here is to make the HoS application less stressful, then I think that making it a faux-mandatory addition to the HoS application is counter to that goal.

But reducing mandatory word count over all is a good idea. I've said in the past that I thought that the "Reason for Application" section is rather pointless, and requiring 300 words for it is too many. That section really is only to gauge how motivated the applicant is because those sections all look exactly the same no matter who is writing them and there is never any useful information in them other than "Someone took the time to write this, they must be serious". A question like that has value in some situations, but I don't think that it does here.

I've had this sitting around on my computer in a notepad tab for a month or so since I saw Flourish write up some good new HoS application questions to replace the "brig layout" one:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Usual Character Name:
BYOND Username:
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available:

Reason for Application (no word minimum):

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

//In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
Choose two or more:

- What advice would you give to other sec players?
- What was your favorite security moment? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
- Describe an instance of when you or an HoS has had to remove a Captain from command.
- Describe any differences in your playstyle as part of a full security team or being the only security officer?

Fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun. Choose one or more):
- Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/poo.
- What's a security/command gimmick that you've run or wanted to run?
- In your personal opinion, which current HoS is the most robust?

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

i'm just bumping this post because i like it a lot and want to bring it to the forefront again

Messages In This Thread
RE: make the HoS app easier/simpler/trial hos rounds - by OMJ - 05-09-2019, 06:43 PM