Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
When you cut a headspider out of a victim, the headspider should pop back out
Now that headspiders are player controlled mobs, this could add a bit more fun to dealing with them.

Instead of just killing the headspider and writing some text to the chat screen about how the headspider is killed. It would be more interesting if it just popped the headspider back out of the infected person. Maybe stun the headspide, have the surgery do some damage to it, or just prevent it from jumping into someone else immediately so both the surgeon and the headspider have some more chances for mistakes and interaction.
Sounds like a really fun and cool thing. Probably wouldn't be too hard to code?
That just creates a lot of tedium to the point where it'd be more efficient to just debrain and clone the person/soon-to-be ling giving a 100% chance of the ling not taking over, rather than bothering with the chest surgery at all, which is already a crap-shoot anyways due to RNG.
On top of Changelings having enough durability and extra-lives as is imo.
Idea: When a headspider grabs someone, they spend about 5 to 10 seconds on their face, before crawling into them. This gives them confused movement 

During this time, the spider can be attacked, hurt, and killed by aiming for the victims head. This also injures the victim.
(04-29-2019, 05:07 PM)Slacker Magician Wrote: That just creates a lot of tedium to the point where it'd be more efficient to just debrain and clone the person/soon-to-be ling giving a 100% chance of the ling not taking over, rather than bothering with the chest surgery at all, which is already a crap-shoot anyways due to RNG.
On top of Changelings having enough durability and extra-lives as is imo.

I don't think it creates any tedium. It basically adds an additional fight the tediousness of the surgery which previously is just boring if you know what you're doing. I've never heard anyone say that changeling surgery is a crap shoot. It works all the time, but it can take a few tries. I'd say that debraining and cloning is a more dangerous option because if the headspider has already taken over by the time they die, then you're cloning a changeling. Plus, I've never been a fan of considering murder-then-cloning a medical procedure to cure problems.
(04-29-2019, 06:06 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I don't think it creates any tedium. It basically adds an additional fight the tediousness of the surgery which previously is just boring if you know what you're doing. I've never heard anyone say that changeling surgery is a crap shoot. It works all the time, but it can take a few tries. I'd say that debraining and cloning is a more dangerous option because if the headspider has already taken over by the time they die, then you're cloning a changeling. Plus, I've never been a fan of considering murder-then-cloning a medical procedure to cure problems.

There is no danger of cloning a ling, as you can just de-skull the corpse at no risk to see if its taken over before the death occurred or not as it turns the host's skull into the ling-style skull.

Its more of a crap shoot if you don't have the Medical training trait, which greatly reduces the chance of cutting out the parasite quickly sometimes taking 6 or more cuts to remove it, with no guarantee on if the change has occurred yet until you get the blurred vision from a NT sting.

Addendum, the host is also very likely stunned due to the intrusion of the head spider, unless its already had some time pass, so you're asking for an unarmed doctor to deal with a 80 HP player controlled critter, that can instantly render them unconscious if it gets unstunned, repeating the process

Doctors usually only have up to a 10 damage extinguisher, so it'd take a minimum of 8 hits to down it before it just jumps into either the previous host, or the doctor to fully restore its HP, so i'd have to either have a bunch of nearby folks or power-game and grab a hammer or phaser, which I really shouldn't have to do as a doctor to complete my job.

The tedium comes in that it just adds an extra thing, i'd rather get someone back into the round and playing, rather than having to hassle with a head spider over and over, if that makes sense.
So people are using the ling skull to meta game headspiders? Shoulda seen this coming
(04-29-2019, 08:19 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: So people are using the ling skull to meta game headspiders? Shoulda seen this coming

blood drawing the corpse also works since it now gives changeling blood, skull is just one of the easy low effort ways to tell
please dont buff changelings again for fucks sake, PC controlled headspiders was already a really big boon and infest people fast enough to the point where you either do the surgery immediately or be effectively dead
(04-30-2019, 09:09 PM)SgtBriar Wrote: please dont buff changelings again for fucks sake, PC controlled headspiders was already a really big boon and infest people fast enough to the point where you either do the surgery immediately or be effectively dead

I agree. Buffing an already overbuffed traitor by making its headspider form player controlled was a huge mistake in the first place. I could see this possibly added if the headspider was computer controlled again, but the fact that it isn't would make changelings far too overpowered than they already are.
(05-01-2019, 09:05 AM)Skornzy Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 09:09 PM)SgtBriar Wrote: please dont buff changelings again for fucks sake, PC controlled headspiders was already a really big boon and infest people fast enough to the point where you either do the surgery immediately or be effectively dead

I agree. Buffing an already overbuffed traitor by making its headspider form player controlled was a huge mistake in the first place. I could see this possibly added if the headspider was computer controlled again, but the fact that it isn't would make changelings far too overpowered than they already are.

I don't see this as a buff as much as adjusting things to try to make the surgery more involved and frantic.

Ideally, we'd have situations where the spider ends up being cut out of someone, chased around the room, pops onto someone else, who is smacked a bunch in the process of killing the spider for good.

It turns what would normally be a couple of seconds of interaction into minutes. There just needs to be options for the crew so that the distribution of power and strategy is spread evenly
Buttspiders when