Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
make glass rwalls break in one smack
these are stupid as shit and I hate them to death because there's a lot more glass on the station than there is metal, and it's super easy to spam them everywhere

On a related note, rwalls in general should either be harder to make or easier to tear down.
how's your knee doing?

also yes though, they should probably not be easy to make if they're hard to break to prevent spamming them
The normal non reinforced glass walls break in like two hits from a heavy item.
Yeah, let's not make Rglass walls easy to destroy please. That's just asking for the station to have no air literally every round with a double digit population.

I can get behind making them harder to make though.
Reinforced glass walls aren't actually any easier to make than regular reinforced walls, if they're made significantly harder to make then whoever's spamming them will go back to regular r walls
I feel its more if someone is spamming the Rglasswalls they should be given a talking to instead of changing something that hasn't been a problem in I dunno how many years
(04-30-2019, 01:01 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I feel its more if someone is spamming the Rglasswalls they should be given a talking to instead of changing something that hasn't been a problem in I dunno how many years

haven't seen glass r walls been called a problem yet, seems kinda knee-jerky
Not really seeing what the issue is because glass rwalls aren't any harder (or easier) to make or break than normal rwalls...? Even if glass is supposedly more plentiful, you can order 200 sheets of either from QM for not a lot of money and have more than you'd probably ever need.
(04-30-2019, 01:01 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I feel its more if someone is spamming the Rglasswalls they should be given a talking to instead of changing something that hasn't been a problem in I dunno how many years

Has this really been a thing for longer? I never saw them before this year.
Also I remember someone finding out about this recently and then naming themselves "GLASS WALLS" as AI for a few days. Seemed quite excited at this.
I might not know what kinda walls you mean maybe? Someone should post a picture of the exact glass walls you are talking about
This is somewhat off-topic, but I feel like Engineering should have like, a crate of plasmaglass or something, to reinforce areas that are breached rather than simply repair them.
(05-06-2019, 04:11 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I might not know what kinda walls you mean maybe? Someone should post a picture of the exact glass walls you are talking about

Know how you can just click a tile with sheets to build girders? It by accident made you able to make girders with glass sheets, then add glass to the girder.
You can make walls that just look like the normal walls, but looking more like glass and actually being seethrough.

And from what im reading here you can even make reinforced versions.
Glass sheets are just treated as any other (material) sheet. You could build walls out of whatever you wanted. Glass walls aren't any different.
Yeah I had no idea you could make glass girders or put glass plating on them. You know why? Because Ive literally never seen this done. Ever.
I don't think this is a real problem. Seems someone is using this and someone else got angry about it.
I see no reason to change it really.