Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trivial Clown's PDA displays your regular name instead of your clown name
breaks my immersion

how to reproduce: spawn as a clown, choose a name then look at your PDA
The reason this happens is because you have all of your inventory before your name is changed. This can be worked around by getting a new PDA and using your ID on it, though you'll have to rely on your banana to slip people.

Also, you forgot to add a Prefix. I recommend Trivial, since it doesn't actually affect anything.
also clowns name is normal name in manifest, instead of clown name, but these two are hella long standing
The same thing happens when you spawn as any job that can change their name. Would be neat if the job specific name option came up before spawning, and you spawned in under that name after accepting it. For now the best way to get around it is to change your name in the character creation screen beforehand, and late join as that job, or change your job preferences, and hope you got the job.
(04-27-2019, 12:12 AM)Skornzy Wrote: The same thing happens when you spawn as any job that can change their name. Would be neat if the job specific name option came up before spawning, and you spawned in under that name after accepting it. For now the best way to get around it is to change your name in the character creation screen beforehand, and late join as that job, or change your job preferences, and hope you got the job.

In the time I change my 3 name fields someone has often already taken that job I wanted, which is usually Test Subject for me.

Wouldnt giving people, that can change their name, an unregistered PDA be an easy solution to both problems? 
Like the ones you get from the equipment boxes you usually get from your locker.
This bug is actually extremely easy to fix (one line change) because there's already provisions to modify PDA name. Some chumbis made it use src.real_name instead of newname (chosen clown name)  Argh!
I'll submit a patch when I get home, will try to fix crew records thing too
It's a little harder to fix than you say - but still probably not too bad. I might poke at this in a bit today.
Should be updated next round. I don't have time to properly test it so yell at me here if it doesnt work. Also yell at me here if it does work and i can move this to resolved.
(04-30-2019, 07:50 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Should be updated next round. I don't have time to properly test it so yell at me here if it doesnt work. Also yell at me here if it does work and i can move this to resolved.
hello it's still broken