Mentor Application: Haprenti
Usual Character Name: Everett Donkin
BYOND Username: Haprenti
Recommended by: Flourish (Was it a recommendation?)
Times Available: Inconsistent, but most often in the evening/night, UTC+2

Reason for Application + Game Experience:
I've played on Goonstation for five years (according to the medal page at least) now, but I've never seriously considered applying for mentor before. Today I was for the second time encouraged to apply for it and so here I am.

The frequency at which I play the game is very variable, I play the game very frequently for some period of time and then gradually return to a few occasional rounds here and there.

As SS13 is really the type of game I like the most, I was happy to see the recent surge in new players, hopeful for good long term consequences playerbase wise. The complexity of the game might scare off some potentially good additions to the playerbase.

As a proportion of my non-traitor rounds are spent wandering aimlessly on the station until something catches my attention, I stop to give quick tips to people doing something when I can. If people ask questions about the game over the radio (and I notice it), I answer hopefully helpfully most of the time. If not, I at least redirect to the wiki (if pertinent) or mentors when I'm busy and an explanation over the radio would be too inconvenient.

I don't know about how much mentorhelp is used and how often are mentorhelp present to answer, but I'd be happy to help more new players, as currently it's limited by how often I run into people seemingly trying to do something I can help with, or how often people ask over the radio.

As for my experience on the server, it's not exceptional but I think it may be enough.
I start almost all my rounds as a Staff Assistant, and I don't think I master any job, but I can do and explain a lot of different smaller things. My knowledge of the game is mostly in tiny bits all over the place.

- I can do and explain most of botany just fine, but I've never bothered going in depht with splicing.
- I can operate the telescience computer.
- I don't often do chemistry, and always have the wiki open, I don't know enough to be efficient at it.
- I know how to do genetics.
- I can help miners.
- For doctoring, I know only the basics. I can (try to) help people not to die, but I'm not efficient at it. I can replace limbs, and debrain someone for borging, but anything else will have me open the wiki.
- I can do a bit of mechcomp, constructions, hacking.

Although I'm often not being productive with the round (wandering around aimlessly as a staff assistant), I'm not totally clueless. I think I could be of use to at least new players getting involved with goonstation, answering questions about mechanics I happen to know of. Or less new players that inquire about something in my area of expertise.

Previous Bans:
None at the moment.
Everett Donkin is a fun and likable and helpful character around the station, and I think Haprenti would make a great mentor!
+1
+1, mentor heeeee
Everett Donkin is a pretty good dude from what I've seen on station in a variety of roles, and would make a good mentor

+1
I've always had pleasant experiences with Haprenti in and out of game and they definitely got the will and knowledge to help.

+1