Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Afterlife Bar Character Deletion/Disconnect exploit
I haven't posted on the forums in a good long while but here's a little backstory to this:

I really wanted to dab a whole lot, but the job I picked didn't let me. So I killed myself and went to the afterlife bar in order to dab (a most noble sacrifice). However, I still couldn't dab so I killed myself again and that's where it happened.

Basically, if you die in the Afterlife Bar and then become a ghost, you can re-enter your corpse if you're quick enough. This will put you right back in your ghost corpse as it gets deleted from the game. This causes your client to crash/disconnect and when you rejoin the server, you are spawned as an observer ghost.

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Die and become a ghost

2)Go to the afterlife bar

3)Die (preferably via dabbing)

4)Become a ghost again

5)Re-enter your corpse quickly
This also happens if you're observing someone right when they get banned.
(04-29-2019, 04:10 AM)Berrik Wrote: This also happens if you're observing someone right when they get banned.

This is particularly common as an admin, definitely a thing. Isn't really an issue for admins, at least.

As a non-admin, does it break anything? e.g. can you still be cloned?
As far as I know, if you get disconnected and come back as an "observer", then you cannot re-enter your body. I think that pretty much makes cloning impossible.