Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small flockdrones
Small flockdrones try, but can't convert diagonally, and they get stuck. If a flockdrone stands in the red circle and targets the blue tile, he will get stuck. Pulling them away sometimes fixed this, but they usually go back and try to convert it. They also can't move over tables like ghost drones, but they can target unreachable  tiles like on the second picture. The solution would be to make them able to convert diagonally/two tiles away, and to make them move like ghost drones/make them destroy furniture. Another solution would be to reset the picked tile after a certain ammount of ticks, and dont make them able to pick that tile again for a few minutes. Also, if you interrupt a flockdrone by pulling it while it converts a tile, the AI goes back to the tile, but doesn't try to start the conversion again, so it gets stuck. The new tile picking would solve this.
[Image: pic1.png][Image: pic2.png]
And somewhat off topic, but flockburgers should contain coagulated gnesis, but you shouldn't be able to buy them directly, only make them with dough and odd crystals (processor cores), currently combining odd crystals with dough gives normal brainburgers instead of flockburgers. The merchant should get angry when you destroy its door, and the odd crytal on the table shouldn't be there, this would fix nerds rushing to get gnesis. And doors should retain their accessibility when converted+allow flockdrones to pass through them. And you should be able to become a flockmind, like how you can become the AI, maybe with a very expensive chassis bought from the flocktrader that you can put your brain in.
gonna have to ask you to post an image there, chief
(04-26-2019, 08:14 AM)Cirrial Wrote: gonna have to ask you to post an image there, chief
Fixed, just never posted images on this forum.
The AI problems you've mentioned affect all flock mobs and thanks for giving an easy to reproduce scenario there.

Relating to the shopping list of other concerns you've raised:
  • I could have sworn I added a proper flockburger recipe, I'll look into fixing it.
  • That door shouldn't have been destructible in the first place, I will fix this when I can.
  • Flockdoors are meant to be inaccessible to the crew but thanks for pointing out that this means flockbits are not actually the harmless interior redecorators I thought they were. I'll think on how this should be changed. They probably shouldn't touch doors at all.
  • There is nothing that will ever convince me that adding the ability to turn yourself into an antagonist at will, for any sum of money, without any sort of admin intervention, is a good idea.
(04-26-2019, 08:24 AM)Cirrial Wrote:
  • There is nothing that will ever convince me that adding the ability to turn yourself into an antagonist at will, for any sum of money, without any sort of admin intervention, is a good idea.

Great, when will gang posters, rev flashes, vampire serum, and werewolf serum gets removed?
I feel the need to point out that:

Rev flashes do not turn you into an antagonist at your will at any point. They turn you into a worse mindslave at someone else's will, and only on Revolution rounds.

Vampire serum gives you vampire powers (temporarily?) Is hilariously difficult to make and does not give you antagonist status meaning you will be shitcanned for murdering dudes.

Same for werewolf serum (last I checked)

Gang posters are the only one of these that allow you to become an antagonist out of your own action and can only be found on gang rounds and out of all antagonists I'm pretty sure gang members are the only one with at least some basic code of conduct that says "Don't just go around beating the shit out of everyone and blowing up the station or else."

Contrast this with a proposed item you can literally buy on any round at any time.
Gang is a game mode, not just a thing that can happen in any round.
Rev is a game mode, not just a thing that can happen in any round.
Becoming a vampire via vampire serum does not make you an antagonist.
Becoming a werewolf via werewolf serum does not make you an antagonist.
Okay. Let me explain all four of those things to you.

1. Part of the gang game mode.
2. Part of the revolution game mode.
3. Does not make you an antagonist.
4. Does not make you an antagonist.
Why 3 replies saying the same? Also, we have mindslave implants, and lings can make you into antags as well. But my point doesnt change: there are several game mechanics to change one's antag status, adding one is not game breaking, and it would lead to interesting interactions.
Because three people all answered you within a minute or two of each other with the same points. Should drive home that it's a common opinion.

Anyway, for the non-bug related things, please head over to I&S. Lack of a feature is not a bug.
Whats with this whole antag status thing? It doesn’t have to relate to becoming a flockmind at all

3 people all just said that vampire/werewolf serum changes you into said creature but not as an antag. Just do the same exact thing and make coagulated gnesis a secret just like the other serums
(04-26-2019, 12:37 PM)Prichard Wrote: Whats with this whole antag status thing? It doesn’t have to relate to becoming a flockmind at all

3 people all just said that vampire/werewolf serum changes you into said creature but not as an antag. Just do the same exact thing and make coagulated gnesis a secret just like the other serums

(04-26-2019, 11:40 AM)Mordent Wrote: Anyway, for the non-bug related things, please head over to I&S. Lack of a feature is not a bug.