Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emergency Doors and alarms
I was thinking about fire doors and alarms, and how recently they were getting use on Oshan as helping to prevent leaks.

It got me thinking of how multiuse those doors can be. 

I propose a more advanced version of the fire alarm, the emergency alarm. The alarm acts as a sensor, detecting changes in the environment and tripping the doors. Interaction with it is functionally similar, but additional functions that can be accessed.

The doors close automatically when fire, flooding, and atmospheric changes are detected, with lights on the door to indicate which ones had been tripped.

Additionally, the emergency doors would have crisis alert functionality. If someone uses a PDA to call a crisis alert to an area, depending on which alert was chosen, medical or security IDs could open emergency doors closed while the alert was in effect. 

Essentially, rescue teams won't get trapped behind fire doors because they don't have a crowbar, or someone could trip an alarm and call Sec with a crisis alert, keeping the suspect from escaping until Sec showed up. Emergency have lights to indicate if a medical or security crisis is in effect in the area
A bit complicated but the overall idea is good