Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RP Rules and You
(04-15-2019, 09:01 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 01:36 PM)Clean Your Teeth Wrote: (Though server 1 seems to be on extended most of the time now, so no antags - I assume that's on purpose to try and weed out griefers more easily? Is this likely to be a permanent change? Personally I like a mix of extended/conspiracy/intrigue to spice things up occasionally without getting to server 2 levels of chaos.)
server 1's usually on intrigue. it got shifted to extended when the population ballooned, and is usually only on intrigue when there are admins on to supervise.

Yeah, my personal preference is setting it to extended when I know I won't be on, since it makes things easier administratively and also (hopefully) clearly indicates to players that they should ahelp when people are being shitty (since there aren't supposed to be antags). Other admins may have different opinions. We're probably gonna set it to constant intrigue in a little bit, once things calm down a little more. 

Also, the rules on the wiki have been updated, thanks to Wonk! You can now see the RP rules as an extension on the main rules page. They still also exist on their own page. Thanks a bunch to everyone who contributed their thoughts, and special thanks to Azungar and Mordent who wrote them  Boogiebot
(04-16-2019, 12:33 PM)Flourish Wrote: Also, the rules on the wiki have been updated, thanks to Wonk! You can now see the RP rules as an extension on the main rules page. They still also exist on their own page. Thanks a bunch to everyone who contributed their thoughts, and special thanks to Azungar and Mordent who wrote them  Boogiebot

As a suggestion, if the rules are going to be mirrored in this way:

- On the RP Rules page, surround the portion of the page that's going to be mirrored with <onlyinclude> and </onlyinclude>
- On the Rules page, add {{:RP Rules}} where the RP rules should be.

This will transclude (embed) the RP Rules text in the Rules page, so there's no risk of the two copies getting out of date.

(Yes, I am a wiki nerd in addition to everything else)