Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2 Flockmind Bugs
I found two bugs recently when I was a flock partition:

MAJOR: Becoming a flock partition does not prevent borging, possibly cloning. I had originally died to a werewolf, succumbed, and became a partition: like 10 minutes later, the brain from my corpse was put into a borg and I got warped into it suddenly. And when the admins kindly turned me back into a partition, it said that the drone I used to inhabit was already sapient, but the flockmind booted that trace, so I was able to still play.

MINOR: Flockdrones do not process reagents. Dr. Floorpills had fed me a pill of space drugs and booze, which was fine, except... the space drugs effect persisted the entire round. No matter how much it was, it should have surely gone away by the end of the round. This COULD have a major implication, but for now it doesn't.
Thanks for the report. In fact, hey everyone, if you've been a flocktrace or flockmind before (or drone or whatever shade of the teal rainbow it might be), let me know if there were any really severe bugs that really messed things up for you.
Bug report: Flock partitions (Not sure about flockminds themselves?) seem to be able to interact with the station somewhat despite being spectral. I was able to open and close lockers, move drag people into lockers, and drag objects and other players around the station. Nobody seemed to react to it, but I did only start testing it out when the round was ending, so perhaps nobody noticed.
Flockdrones can be grabbed, but have no recourse to escape since they have no resist button. Well, no recourse if they arn't holding something to bludgeon the grabee, at least.

Also concerning that bug up there I kind of think that most reagents shouldn't do anything to a flockdrone since they don't even have carbon biology.
There's no cooldown on smacking flock doors with things. Also, they should probably be harder to break down!
Partitions gib if exposed to the ptl.
(05-02-2019, 06:56 PM)sartorius Wrote: Partitions gib if exposed to the ptl.

I think if there are additional bugs to report, you should probably make your own thread for them, just to separate them from this report.