Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cocktail shaker item for the Bartender
I was actually suprised at the lack of this sort of item in the game so I thought I'd suggest it and (amateurly) sprite it.

The cocktail shaker would have 2 modes, Cobbler and Boston. IRL, those are 2 different styles shakers. Boston shakers are just a tumbler that just goes over a drinking glass to aid in shaking cocktails while a cobbler is a smaller version of that cup with a lid that has an inbuilt strainer and outlet that lets you shake, strain and pour directly into a serving glass.

In-game, you could switch between the two methods like this ; holding the whole cocktail shaker in hand, click on it with an empty hand to take off the lid. Any liquids poured into the tumbler will not react to other ingridients upon addition, instead they will only react when *shake[en] (this could be a balancing problem for some chems so feel free to ignore this part). By doing *spin in this mode, the bartender can perform different tricks similar to the clown so for example.

>Barman tosses the cocktail shaker into the air and catches it behind his back. How does he do that?!

For Cobbler style, take off the lid, pour in the liquids, put the lid back on then *shake and pour all of the contents directly into a glass.

You could have some fun with the shake and spin stuff, like giving Bartenders a hidden job trait where they can't/have an extremely low chance of messing up tricks. For example:

>Tooty the Clown throws the cocktail shaker into the air!
>Tooty the Clown fails to catch the cocktail shaker and spill all of it's contents onto the ground. Oh dear.
>Tooty the Clown screams!

Here's the sprite I conjuered up BTW.
https://imgur.com/a/DTAHPR4
The dimensions/resolution might be way off but I had no idea how big I should have made it.
Also, Goon drinking glasses are rectangular, unlike glasses used in proper bars so it's probably why the 2nd sprite looks very silly :/
You could do things like add swizzle sticks for stirring drinks (or just use spoons) and have how drinks are put together and blended affect overall quality and grant additional food bonuses if it's been made well
I can imagine the situation after making some nitroglycerin:

>Barman pours the contents of the large beaker into the cocktail shaker.
>Barman tosses the cocktail shaker into the air and catches it behind his back. How does he do that?!
>Barman explodes!
(04-22-2019, 04:45 AM)Carbadox Wrote: The dimensions/resolution might be way off but I had no idea how big I should have made it.

sprites are 32x32
Indeed you ironically created way more detailed sprites then needed.