Mentor Application: Kirinith
Usual Character Name: Cerris Grayson, BitBot
BYOND Username: Kirinith
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Times Available: Generally on 3-8PM MST, varies on weekends

Reason for Application + Game Experience: I've been playing on and off for a year or two now. I hadn't really thought about being a mentor, but one of the admins mentioned I should put an application in. Especially with all the new joins lately, I admit I'm spending a lot more time helping people learn station fundamentals so I'd definitely be interested in being a mentor if they could use the extra hands.

More than once I've seen a new player join and get frustrated, either by not knowing what to do or nobody being interested and active in helping them out. I know how inscrutable this game can be, so I enjoy stopping to help new players out with a rule or two and have lost more than one round teaching someone the ins and outs of a job. I want people to want to come back to the station, as every interested player makes the station just that much more interesting and surprising, and I've found that a little guidance goes a long way to keeping people interested in learning for themselves.

With regards to game expertise, Medical is my most played role by far. Dying from bleeding out on the floor or not getting cloned always felt so anticlimactic, so I enjoy patching up my fellow spacemans. As such I feel confident I could answer any questions related to any of the medical jobs, with the exception of pathology. I've spent a lot of time in the cargo bay, so I'm well versed in Quartermastery as well as Mining and Construction. I play as Security when the need arises, though often I'm happy just to keep the peace rather than hunt down traitors. I've dabbled in Botany and all of the civilian and cybernetic jobs, so I feel comfortable fielding any questions on those fronts. The only things I'm not sure I could answer are questions relating to the TEG and some of the science departments, as I've never had much experience with Toxins or Telescience.

Previous Bans: None, as far as I know
Kirinith is an awesome player. They're knowledgeable and helpful and fun - it's always reassuring seeing Cerris around the station as they're so dependable. They would definitely be a good mentor!
Yeah, Cerris is good. Definitely knows how to doctor and is always pleasant to run into on the station.
Never had anything but good encounters with Cerris and it's always reassuring to see that they're the one taking care of you when you get dragged to medbay. +1.
Vouching +1 yes
Cerris is good. Purple Cerris.
I only have good feelings when I see Cerris playing, good player and supportive of others - yes
plus juan
Plooze jaune
Cerris Grayson is a great player, extremely knowledgeable, and always a pleasure to be around.
I usually play medical roles and it's nice to see when Cerris is med director. They know what they're doing and they're always polite. A good secman too.
Cerris is a very friendly face and whenever something bad is going on I see them there helping out. Definitely a good player.

+1
i've seen cerris around, they're fun to be around and know stuffs
+1
Ok so I didn't recognize the name when the app was posted but since then I have been watching Cerris a little. Seems like a very pleasant player, quite knowledgeable. Would make a good mentor

+1
Oh yeah, would totally be a good mentor. Jones the cat