Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZeWaka's Map [ULTRA WIP]
Hey all, I've decided to finally make that map I've always dreamed of making.
More details about it and its features will be revealed as time progresses.

This thread is primarily for updates on specific parts I've completed.

Backstory: This station, named [CLASSIFIED] orbits the star Sol. This station was originally meant to test a [CLASSIFIED] power generation system back in 2031. However, that project fizzled out due to [CLASSIFIED] reasons. However, with the discovery of plasma, it's been retrofitted to study plasma, and its effects with various systems.

Now, what does ULTRA WIP mean? It means that you can expect the 1st real 'playable' draft of this map in Q1 2020.
Also, the map is quite small currently. It will expand in size as I map it, this is just minimum sizing right now.
The only semi-completed layout is medbay, and even still that's subject to change.

Big Photo (ULTRA WIP):
[Image: G8ZJwuY.png]

Department shots:
Medbay:
[Image: 2IaTCQ0.png]

QM:
[Image: 5RJx9aM.png]
i feel like chemistry will be completely open to the hallway and/or completely exploded the moment a chemist accidentally blows something up, due to being largely glass, and also small. otherwise the map looks good
(04-20-2019, 05:37 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i feel like chemistry will be completely open to the hallway and/or completely exploded the moment a chemist accidentally blows something up, due to being largely glass, and also small. otherwise the map looks good

That's the pharmacy! Chemistry will be in the research sector, a very fun place.
o right i forgot that you had science up there and just assumed chemistry cause chem dispensers. should be good then, if someone is making booms in the pharmacy instead of chem then they deserve to have people breaking in.
*sucks air through teeth*

mmmmmmmmMMmmmmmratatatatatata
This looks good, but botany's placement might be new player unfriendly maybe ?

Maybe I'm overthinking it (and it wouldn't be exclusive to this map), but hydroponics not being too exposed has the advantage of letting learning players get the ropes of a simple job in relative tranquility "away from the round" where bombs are less likely to vent the department. Swapping it with the left part of security would both shield it better from random hallway disruptions, and bring security just a bit closer to the southern part of the station.
Though it would make sec a bit distorted as is...
Half off topic I guess, sorry.
ZeMappa