Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016 mapping placeholders
i threw together some placeholder objects based on paths that zewaka gave me! 

it'll let you map in some objects not present in 2016 code, and they'll easily be able to be converted to their functional counterparts if your map is ever tossed into modern rotation! (it should be merged with the 2016 repo, not the current game)

here's a list of what placeholders have been added, and a picture of all the sprites!
*reactor statistics computer and its special pipe
*laundry machine
*tanning bed and tanning computer
*lab counter, bar table, glass table (table frame, reinforced table, normal table), wooden desk
*hotspot stomper, vent capture unit, vent hole, trench map, vent capture unit pieces, dowsing rod, power shovel, engineering pipebomb 
*synthblubber cable, you can wire with this just like a normal wire, so it'll be compatible when switched over (generate instances from iconstates)
*security checkpoint scanner
*espresso machine, cup rack, espresso cups
*coconut and energyshake
*civilian, security, mining and normal minisubs
*3 other vehicles (tanks, trucks, cars)
*floor light (doesnt give off light, sorry)
*all the radio station equipment (fake equipment stuff, and functional stuff like the record player, tape player and the  mixing desk)
*records and compact tapes for radio stations
*radio station areas
*a phone handset and phone 

[Image: jhQ3bDD.png]

sorry that the sprites aren't great, im not a spriter and don't have access to the actual sprites, so i did the best i could (and it still took hours . , . )

ive tested everything in game, and everything i checked worked!

heres the compare link: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...aceholders

heres the link to the dmi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtr7ucdxdv9drm...s.dmi?dl=0
neato
Neat indeed. Is this all the placeholder objects though?
Perhaps this should be moved over to the mapping subforum and stickied?
(04-18-2019, 04:14 AM)Sundance Wrote: Neat indeed. Is this all the placeholder objects though?
Perhaps this should be moved over to the mapping subforum and stickied?

this isnt everything, but it does make a specially designated file for any other placeholders you need, and a file for the sprites for those

i just used the list zewaka gave me when a couple of people brainstormed some stuff we wanted placeholders for

idk, this would prolly be good in either forum? might be nice to toss onto base 2016, but it might be nice to just have for mappers to download/copy-paste if they need it
(04-17-2019, 07:02 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: sorry that the sprites aren't great, im not a spriter and don't have access to the actual sprites, so i did the best i could (and it still took hours . , . )

idk what the fuck you're talking about, these sprites are amazing. ss13 with crude mspaint graphics would be hilarious
Merged to 2016 Master.