Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogwerk's Ailments! The end of Crit! A glorious new day!
Most things that killed people rapidly will still do so. Four hits from a csword are probably gonna kill them in less than five seconds. Space exposure, actively being on fire, having hellpoisons in you, heavy damage melee weapons... all that shit ought to still work as expected.
Cogwerks Wrote:Most things that killed people rapidly will still do so. Four hits from a csword are probably gonna kill them in less than five seconds. Space exposure, actively being on fire, having hellpoisons in you, heavy damage melee weapons... all that shit ought to still work as expected.

Alright, neat.
Not too happy with the idea of having you be able to take 3 shotgun shells and still be conscious long enough to scream out the name of your attacker. If someone spends the extra resources to unload half their ammo into you, they should be secure in the fact that you won't be talking about it.

I like the idea, but I think it really makes damage not as big a deal. What's the fear in a shotgun if you can live long enough to shoot up some chems and hobble to medbay? I know that if I got shot irl with a shotgun, the blood loss and terrible pain would probably kill me faster than 3 minutes, or at just put me in no state.

Maybe add in location-specific injuries? Shooting someone in the chest could collapse a long and make them start taking bleed AND suffocation, coughing out blood as they struggle to gurgle out your name to the doctor.

another big issue is, how would succumb work? I like to microbomb myself as a traitor. How would that work if I never go under? How do you end the pain prematurely if you just want to die.

I like the idea. It just needs balancing with other parts of the game, and some certain weapons will probably have to be buffed to retain their current power
I fully expect that there will be a couple days of rebalancing and bugfixing.
Right away I'm seeing that succumb needs an adjustment.
Also wanted to chime in on flat-lining and defibrillation - defibs can't do much against it. Popular culture would make it seem otherwise but the best way to deal with a flatline is immediate CPR to keep the brain oxygenated and epinephrine. Only 2% of patients ever live past a flat-line event.

Fibrillation is a pretty major event and generally leads to asystole (cardiac arrest) quickly. Atropine and defrib is recommended for those situations. I believe intubation might also be used during fibrillation in case the patient goes into arrest and cannot support their own breathing? I'm not a doctor and I don't know SOP on that confused
I think CPR is completely useless. I tried CPR-ing someone in crit and he never came out of it.
I feel as though it wouldn't be all that possible to scream "Holly shit Cindy Traitorston has a shotgun and is attempting to blow my head off!" after even two shotgun shots, because if I understand this correctly, then being put into extreme damage situations causes suffocation, and if I'm correct the only thing that happens when you try to talk while taking suffocation damage is "Dumbpubbie McShotgunvictim ghasps!" I also love the idea of having the 50 and 100 damage thresholds giving additional status affects, because at the moment signing up as a medical doctor is equivalent with signing up as a staff assistant who starts out with and has access to medical kits. Anyone can pretty much do the job , and hardly anyone ever shows up asking for a repaired arm or a bullet removal. Adding additional types of "surgery" or other medical machines is definitely a massive leap on the right direction.
If it means there will be grittier ghetto medic things as well, this should be fun.

I can already imagine ghetto medicing up some saline in bar.

It's already fun quickly cauterizing your own missing arm to stop the bleeding.
Klayboxx Wrote:I think CPR is completely useless. I tried CPR-ing someone in crit and he never came out of it.

CPR keeps them from getting worse, to a point. I could make it do a bit of healing though.
Previously CPR was magically injecting you with drugs the first time it succeeded.
Cogwerks Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:I think CPR is completely useless. I tried CPR-ing someone in crit and he never came out of it.

CPR keeps them from getting worse, to a point. I could make it do a bit of healing though.
Previously CPR was magically injecting you with drugs the first time it succeeded.

Yeah maybe that'd be a good thing. Just enough drugs to get someone thats in crit stabilized so you feel safer dragging them to medbay.
Well, the success rate of CPR in real life is pretty low (done properly it probably gives you a few extra minutes but is almost never going to revive you by itself), so CPR being not a total lifesaver is somewhat realistic.
Also, proper CPR tends to inflict horrific injuries on the patient.

"X's ribs snap during compression!"
And improper CPR does even worse things!

Lush McBarman attempts to perform CPR on Norman Bleedwell!
Lush pushes too far and shatters Norman's ribcage entirely!
david2222121 Wrote:And improper CPR does even worse things!

Lush McBarman attempts to perform CPR on Norman Bleedwell!
Lush pushes too far and shatters Norman's ribcage entirely!
Sounds like a new surgery procedure.
Well, I think fractures would be a nice addition: although with how easy it is to sever limbs entirely it might not come up very often.