Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make contracts its own antag type
The Faustian bargain kit is a very unique way of being a traitor, but as-is it's incredibly rare due to being restricted to a one-slot job for no particular reason.

If this was made a mixed-only antag on its own, about as rare as werewolf or wraith, it would make sense.

Not to mention, there can be a lot of promise in having different devils compete with each other for souls.

Lastly, this is somewhat off topic, but the souls requirement for the thing that requires 20, should be dynamic depending on population, and it should be impossible to get repeat contracts.
Id agree thats it seems a bit rare, but I don't think it needs to be its own mixed type antag. Ideally antags have at least some amount of freedom in how they play e.g. allowing for some level of stealth, but this locks you into something pretty specific.

Alternatively - do we know if these show up in surplus crates? Because id be absolutely OK with these being in surplus crates.
(04-15-2019, 06:22 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Id agree thats it seems a bit rare, but I don't think it needs to be its own mixed type antag. Ideally antags have at least some amount of freedom in how they play e.g. allowing for some level of stealth, but this locks you into something pretty specific.

Alternatively - do we know if these show up in surplus crates? Because id be absolutely OK with these being in surplus crates.

I know it's blacklisted from crates.

Also, werewolf pretty much locks you into murderboning.
honestly i think it'd be alright if it was a little less murdery and worked into a non-antag random gimmick role. maybe keep both versions, so there's some form of contracts more commonly but still keeping the deadly version at the rarer option
I just think that the contracts need to REMOVE the instant death contracts. No one is going to sign a contract if it possibly means instant death.
You don't HAVE to murderbone werewolf.

I saw at least three separate people become a police dog that brutally murdered people that attacked it like a dingus.

(04-18-2019, 11:45 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I just think that the contracts need to REMOVE the instant death contracts. No one is going to sign a contract if it possibly means instant death.

People kill themselves just cause all the time.

The only thing I think needs adjustment is the yeti contract, which should give like a solid 10 seconds before activating so that it doesn't immediately kill the chaplain.

YES I AM STILL UPSET OVER THAT!
(04-18-2019, 10:59 PM)Technature Wrote: People kill themselves just cause all the time.

Most of the time they kill themselves on purpose or through personal whoopsies, and they're okay with that cus who else are they gonna blame (or it was kinda funny). I think they'd be a lot less happy with being murdered by a rogue contract, since someone else is doing the killing-yourself thing.

I mean yeah there's a lot of risk with contractual agreements, and chaplains who use the ur-ded contracts are worse than the devil they pretend to be, but the insta-death contracts are just mean.
That's a fair argument.
Arn't a bunch of contracts flat out broken right now?