HoS Application: Malerus
Usual Character Name: Brie M. Lyndrious

BYOND Username: Malerus

Recommended by (if applicable):

Times Available: Typically the weekends. My schedule is dynamic because of personal things. I will not adjust my schedule for online groups, real life holds higher priorities.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):   

This application is being given due to my experiences being a regular security officer. The need for a stable chain of command is crucial in order to maintain a stable work-flow with those under the heads of authority. Now this being recognized, no I don't seek to be an authoritative power within this department, and by proxy the rest of the station. This is application is to be able to have that legitimacy to help the security officers have a proper flow of how Space Law should be interpreted and enforced.

Having a singular head of command within a department helps direct those who are unable to read situations and follow a direct code of conduct. Without that basic line of focus, every member of that department would have free-reign to do as they please; this results in utter chaos and no one being held accountable for said chaos. Having a focus for the underlings of a head of whatever sets a motion for those who want to know what is our goal for the station. 

With following this motion, it will be easy to tell who doesn't wish to comply and who will be a potential menace to the peace and order of the station. This helps rule out who might potentially seek to destroy this staple of society. In understanding this, I aim to maintain a firm focus on how the security officers should behave and enforce the law. 

This does not mean that I seek to destroy fun, this just means that I seek to make fun more risky and challenging for those who which to bring chaos to the station. If causing chaos wasn't risky, then there is no fun for anyone to experience, just stress and upset crew members who would be victims of those who don't care for the fun of others.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

During my time on many stations, I've witnessed many atrocities and stress-inducing scenarios where the need for a proper security team was desperately need. Many times, a security officer wouldn't know how to handle a certain scenario and would just run away. Other times they would be on a power-trip and force demands onto those who couldn't necessarily do much about them; worse case scenario would be to report them to the admins. I've been victim of incompetent security officers, one time I was being assaulted in front of one and he refused to take action and ignore me. Saying, "Handle it yourself."

That wasn't the first time that was said to me when I desperately needed the security team to save my department from all of the hooligans and those who grief who sought to invoke chaos at their leisure. I've dealt with many security officers who used their power to disrupt the work-flow of others and be of little use to the station and not following a code of conduct. 

In soaking in on what it takes to be a proper security officer, I applied for my first shift as one. I followed my morals of what it takes to do my best to uphold the law and still be fair to all of the crew. At the end of the day, we're all here to have a good time. In my experiences as a security officer, I learned how to properly handle security records and how to keep criminals in check, but then I ran into this issue where my colleagues weren't on that same page of understanding. This upset me because I knew these security officers meant well, but they didn't have a clear direction to follow and how they needed to follow an ethical procedure for criminals. Being a security officer isn't about roughing up the bad guys, but about making people accountable for their misconduct and showing them the consequences for their actions.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): 

We need a criminal possessions crate. This is to set a place to keep ID cards, clothes, backpacks, etc. The prisoner's possessions would be held until their time has been served. This is to control prison escapes.

An example on how this can be executed would something like this: Having a possessions bag for a prisoner, placing their belongings in that bag, then putting that bag in a holding crate. That prisoner would then be dressed in their appropriate prison attire.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): 
I have never been banned.
Unfortunately, you need to have been playing for at least three months to apply for HoS. Feel free to try again in June!