Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make trinkets a customisable and seperate part of the character customisation menu
Self-explanatory.

I think the trinkets system is really good but it's still very much lacking in purpose. The Petasusaphilic trait is completely useless due to the randomness when it could open a large number of possibilites for space man character building and space roleplay. Same applies for many other traits. What if I want to be a smoker but want to get a sweater as a trinket as well?

My general idea is this.
Have a point pool system similar to traits themselves. You get X amount of points and get to take or add points to your characters "style" in certain areas. For example, for one style point you can buy a personalised zippo lighter , for 2 you get the classic NT beret (ps: custom coloured berets would also be nice) and for 3 points you get an alternative jump suit. These points would only have cosmetic value and not impact traits in any way as they'd both be seperate entities. IDK if its maybe more complicated than I could possibly know but I for sure feel that this would be a welcome feature by everyone.
Yeah I liked the smoker trait but only getting lighter as a trinket was bad.
I remember some of the other servers having customization down this alley, the character set up screen is the one area that Goon REALLY lags behind a lot of other servers in, I'd be all for a change along these lines.