Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Customizing Air Scrubbers
So I was thinking. Right now air scrubbers just remove everything from the air except for O2 I believe. How about letting us hack the air scrubbers to choose what to remove? Like say I wanted to JUST remove N2O or JUST remove CO2?
I think this would be nice for stuff like the combustion chamber and toxins.
Would be something new to do with atmos at the very least.
that might make canbombing possible on oshan actually. worth investigating
(04-11-2019, 08:35 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: that might make canbombing possible on oshan actually. worth investigating

Dont give away my real reason you nerd!
I think hacking to manually change what gets absorbed would be cool! Though, probably shouldn't be able to filter out oxygen by default (maybe nitrogen, too?), unless emagged.

Pretty solid idea that probably doesn't require an unreasonable amount of programming and would be useful for Toxins and Engineering. +1
Oxygen should need an emag and make a loud sucking noise
You can already do that with normal air pumps, and air scrubbers wouldn't be able to scrub out that much unless you also had them hooked up to some piping. Their use in a combustion chamber might be limited due to that -- they can only contain 1013kPa normally.

Maybe have some customizable air filters? Generic "bad stuff" filter that filters CO2/Plasma, separate Plasma and CO2 filters, that sort of thing.
(04-12-2019, 09:54 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: You can already do that with normal air pumps, and air scrubbers wouldn't be able to scrub out that much unless you also had them hooked up to some piping. Their use in a combustion chamber might be limited due to that -- they can only contain 1013kPa normally.

Maybe have some customizable air filters? Generic "bad stuff" filter that filters CO2/Plasma, separate Plasma and CO2 filters, that sort of thing.

They can only hold 1013? Well fuck. No wonder using air scrubbers to get rid of plasma and N2O is fucking useless. They can't even suck up a full cans worth of plasma. Maybe that should be changed.
They can hold more, but as far as I'm aware they can only suck in atmos to that point. Thermal expansion and all.