Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenade Tables
Throwing a grenade on a table appears to make said grenade's effect only happen on that table. Definitely happens with Metal Foam grenades. I was saddened.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Throwing a grenade on a table appears to make said grenade's effect only happen on that table. Definitely happens with Metal Foam grenades. I was saddened.
I MAY BE WRONG BUT I think foam got broken with the update, I made foam and it was only a single tile big.
wabash1 Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Throwing a grenade on a table appears to make said grenade's effect only happen on that table. Definitely happens with Metal Foam grenades. I was saddened.
I MAY BE WRONG BUT I think foam got broken with the update, I made foam and it was only a single tile big.
I got syndicate cleaner grenades, their foam only covered one tile on the floor.
Regardless of foam being the culprit in this case, non-turf pathing blockers (actually even turf pathing blockers) seem to be a massive pain regarding the AI - if you are on one of these objects they cannot find a path to you and you will be spared by bots, etc. It tends to break bots if they're standing on tables or fabricators, too.

Also, is it just me or you can't throw anything over the bar table now.
Marquesas Wrote:Regardless of foam being the culprit in this case, non-turf pathing blockers (actually even turf pathing blockers) seem to be a massive pain regarding the AI - if you are on one of these objects they cannot find a path to you and you will be spared by bots, etc. It tends to break bots if they're standing on tables or fabricators, too.

Also, is it just me or you can't throw anything over the bar table now.

The best way to get away from bots is hiding in lockers. Whenever I have beepsky following me around I drag a locker behind me and hide in it until he floats off. angry critters however will kick your ass through anything.
I got to experience the new syndie sarin gas grenades first hand, mostly when I was doing some inventory sorting, I thought I'd place it on the nearby table. Which in turn apparently activated it. I'm pretty sure I didn't double click it and accidentally lag activate it while it was still in my backpack.
Grenades activate and get automatically thrown when you click anywhere on the screen. Not a bug, a feature. Just don't place grenades on tables okay.
...No this is definitely a bug. It shouldn't be that hard to code that if you're standing next to the table and click it, it places the grenade instead of activating and throwing it.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:...No this is definitely a bug.

Just joking, this has been around for ages. Should be fixed.
It should be changed, but it isn't a bug.
All this time I've been manually activating then throwing, I feel like a fuckin chump.
drymelon Wrote:All this time I've been manually activating then throwing, I feel like a fuckin chump.

This game has so many vague small mechanics even some/most veterans don't know them all
I always let the grenades cook in my hand so they go off immediately after they hit the ground, so I've never needed this mechanic.
Okay nerds, here's what's happening when you click something with a grenade.
1) Do I interact with a special way with that item? (mousetrap) If yes, do action and ABORT.
2) I do not interact in a special way with that item, so I do my default behaviour of attaching to that object and being activated.

For example, try clicking a non-container item which is in your hand with the grenade in your other hand, then throwing that item. The grenade will follow that item.