Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Give wraiths ability to hear prayers
(04-12-2019, 09:59 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: Pretty sure they can, just like normal ghosts.

Comedy option: Prayer could notify Wraiths, but also enable using some stronger and much more unfortunate ability on someone -- sort of like a player-triggered Poltergeist.

Perhaps things like a big max stamina penalty for a minute or two, or an ability for the wraith to throw the victim like Command, or making 5 or so things around them come alive and aggro them. That sort of thing. Nothing abusable for a benefit, but stuff more befitting of someone who tries to channel ethereal power and instead gets a soul full of undead hate.

Imagine sacrificing a human heart to a god, praying. And, instead of a banjo you was waiting for, you begin to levitate, and your head starts spinning 360 degrees. The wraith also speaks through your body, and you can do nothing for 2 minutes but listen to wraith's crap.
(04-12-2019, 11:20 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: People already pray fairly rarely, making it even more likely to just be bad for you is not a great plan imo

At least something would happen. v
"I wanna dance like a monkey. Talk like a monkey. BE a monkey!"

*get crushed to death from seemingly nothing*

"Thanks bro"

I understand maybe I'm horribly biased from just about every wraith being unfun to deal with, winning or losing, but I seriously think any real feature for the wraith should be put into it not being shit to deal with before adding new features that can potentially screw someone over.

That possession thing sounds too funny to not add though...damn self conflict.