Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Give wraiths ability to hear prayers
So, an internet outage had happened recently in my house, and i had some time to crawl into my thinking den.

I was thinking of my recent chaplain nerdery, when i struck a golden idea: 
''Hmmm...  What if... what if... what if... What if wraiths could hear prayers?''
Imagine a round where a wraith didn't decide to act yet, and there is a chaplain (like me) who is about to brag to gods, what if the wraith heard these prayers, and intercepted into the ritual, making a chaplain worship the spirit of spook?

The idea sounds neat to me.
Or you could make God an antagonist.
What if we removed the wraith from the game instead?
(04-11-2019, 08:25 AM)Skornzy Wrote: What if we removed the wraith from the game instead?

Please don't derail the thread. Whether or not Wraith should stay in the game is an entirely different discussion.

Regardless of whether or not wraiths should continue to be in the game, I do like the thought of wraiths hearing prayers. Also, FULLDEM-(okay your name is too fucking long), the role already exists. It's called 'Admin'.
(04-11-2019, 08:09 AM)FULLDEMOCRATICCOMMUNISTFASCISM Wrote: Or you could make God an antagonist.

I was speaking of it being a wraith thing, so it could use it's cool abilities together with prayers and chaplains
This is a brilliant idea.

Quick edit to expand why - this allows antagonists to collaborate with a wraith. Whether or not the evil spirit will is up to the wraith.

A different method if admins don't want the pray method cluttering up their logs is to draw a pentagram and simply talk while standing on it.
oh boy
another advantage wraiths can get
like hearing EXACTLY who asked for something to see ghosts in a desperate attempt to counter him
how bout no?
(04-11-2019, 11:03 AM)Technature Wrote: oh boy
another advantage wraiths can get
like hearing EXACTLY who asked for something to see ghosts in a desperate attempt to counter him
how bout no?

i don't think this is significant enough of an advantage; more so something that's just amusing
Just imagine trying to summon something, hoping for admins to cooperate, and accept the sacrifice, instead having a wraith materializing on the pentagram.
this is a cute idea but my first thought is: wouldnt this cause admin chat to fill up with unrelated garbage every wraith round as people try to commune with it

maybe it would be better if it had to be done in the chapel, or in some type of ritual circle, such that the prayer would then be flagged as "this is a wraith prayer, not an admin prayer" and not flood admin's messages

edit: of course, that would prevent the example of intercepted prayers. I think there might not be a way to implement this elegantly, honestly.
To be fair it is not hard for admins to turn off listening to prayers
I think this idea is worth a try.
Can't wraiths see all chat anyway?
Pretty sure they can, just like normal ghosts.

Comedy option: Prayer could notify Wraiths, but also enable using some stronger and much more unfortunate ability on someone -- sort of like a player-triggered Poltergeist.

Perhaps things like a big max stamina penalty for a minute or two, or an ability for the wraith to throw the victim like Command, or making 5 or so things around them come alive and aggro them. That sort of thing. Nothing abusable for a benefit, but stuff more befitting of someone who tries to channel ethereal power and instead gets a soul full of undead hate.
People already pray fairly rarely, making it even more likely to just be bad for you is not a great plan imo