Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
DWAINE arguments are broken
DWAINE is failing to fill in argument values ($arg0 for example) which breaks all of the guardbuddy scripts and also any argument-based player-made scripts.
Can confirm, was about to post this bug myself.
Is this ever going to be fixed?
Probably a good idea to give this the critical flair since there's no workaround.

Also, a thing that might help:
[Image: 4F4sx3j.png]
^ This is what happened when I tried to run patrol_script with the correct argument of one guardbuddy ID. Outputted the error twice for some reason.
Can confirm this with guard_script [buddyID] [full name] - getting the same error as Tricontakai.
Tried everything.

Recalling them, waking them, building a new one and recalling it. Nope.

I know there's a slight difference between the actual buddy id (checked by using grab on the buddy afaik) and what's showing up on the docking station, tried that too, nope.

Tried using my extra middle name that doesn't appear normally in the full name (I.e sundancejfeely).. nope. 

This makes me sad because buddy's are cool.
I can double-confirm the guardbuddy bugs.
It looks like this is fixed!
Do NOT break my innocent box children
I'm not sure if this should be a new topic, but DWAINE arguments in new scripts are now broken. Values like $arg0 seem to be saved, so if writing a script is the first thing you do, it's fine. But if you've run any scripts beforehand, the value you used gets put in the new script instead.

As an example.

You make the script do_thing that goes:
do $arg0 thing $arg1

and run do_thing 1 2. It works. If you then write do_another_thing:
do $arg0 something $arg1

The script comes out as:
do 1 something 2.

It remembers the arguments you used before and puts them in all new scripts. It doesn't remember between sessions, so you can log in and out to fix it, but it's definitely not meant to happen.
That's sorttta intentional? so you can use vars in between scripts, now, but I can see why it'd be an issue for the argument vars.
(05-14-2019, 04:16 PM)somepotato Wrote: That's sorttta intentional? so you can use vars in between scripts, now, but I can see why it'd be an issue for the argument vars.

If fixing this would stop DWAINE remembering values in between scripts, then definitely don't fix it. It's a simple terminal restart or reconnect to fix anyway.
That sounds like there just needs to be a way to escape characters so you can say "\$arg0" and have it actually go through as $arg0 instead of being expanded. Sort of similar to things like ^ and |n
Hey was trying out the buddies system again but the Buddies do not seem to follow commands. For example if i enter guard_script 02002cd9 liliyrothchild it will give me the message: ]Error: Unknown or invalid PR-6 Net ID
]Error: Unknown or invalid PR-6 Net ID

Twice in a row. I just thought that this could be a glitch. Thanks and sorry for being a pain :/