Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Come roast on this tentative design
To me, the map just feels very uninspired. You said over Discord you were going for realism, but this just looks unfun to play on.

Security feels strange, with the entrance being in a real weird spot with no way to see outside, the layout flow is a weird curved shape that avoids becoming a smooth loop, the armory is protected by a single window, and the pod bay is so far away as to be useless.

Moreover, you don't need to provide gear for 14 officers. That's just asking for assistants to break in and steal a locker. If there was ever resource bloat, this is it. But it also feels quite sparse, with a lack of decor and inspired design. It's lacking in flavor and detail.

The dorms and bathroom area are another mess. there's no need for that many beds or bathrooms. It just feels copy pasted and frankly, ugly. The HoPs office fees drab and boring, with things shoved into corners. Customs(?), the Detective's Office, and the Captain's area feels the same way.

Arrivals is just copy-pasted from Cog1, with the shuttle being extended for some weird reason.

Tool storage seems decent enough.

The Bar, Dining Area, and Fancy Lounge area are also unnecessarily large, spacious, and drab. I bet clarion could fit the whole medbay in just that Catering area. It suffers from the same problem as the rest of the station, bloated yet sparse.

Frankly, I could describe the whole station similarly.

Also, thindows suck and are terrible.

Edit: you said "No room will be larger than the player screen size. If a department has more space than that, then it needs to be properly partitioned."
This map clearly breaks this rule.

Messages In This Thread
Come roast on this tentative design - by twoski - 04-10-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Come roast on this tentative design - by ZeWaka - 04-15-2019, 08:37 AM