Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mentor Help Questions
Information 
Hi guys! I've been playing SS13 since the beginning of this year (just a couple weeks before the Ssethtide) and I've been having a blast playing with you guys on the Goonstation servers!

I just wanted to create this thread for future reference when I get back on but I've been meaning to ask these questions for a bit of clarification so here it goes:

How do I put a mask on a person by force? Like say for instance the person is dying from lack of oxygen and they can't put the oxygen mask on by themselves.

How do I refill an oxygen tank (blue or white) in the Air Canisters in the station without using the blue air tank vending machine?

Where do I go to see the end round results?

And how do I climb up an obstacle like the bar table in the bar as a human?

Thank you guys!
1) Essentially the same way you take things off a person by force - drag from their sprite to yours & a window with all their inventory slots will pop open, allowing you to pick what you want to remove (also lets you un-handcuff / straightjacket people)
The difference for putting something on someone, is that you then hold the item in your active hand and click the empty inventory slot you want to put it on. So you can put masks on, stuff in peoples pockets etc. If they've got something in that slot you need to remove it first.

2) There are vending machines around the station with a picture of a tank on them (an "Oxygen Vendor": https://wiki.ss13.co/General_Objects) - you can fill the large white/blue air tanks at these, but I don't think the small blue emergency tanks that fit in a pocket can be refilled.
In a real pinch, I think opening one of the big air canisters found in maintenance & standing near it can get you air if there aren't too many gaping holes in the hull nearby, but those are mainly used for re-adding air to areas of the station after hull breaches.
(You may also be able to directly fill tanks from canisters using the transfer valves in toxins, but that's probably unnecessarily complex just for getting air)

3) They should pop up in your chat feed once the round is properly over, about the same time as the station results / tickets screens pop up & OOC chat gets enabled. You'll probably have to scroll back up to see them, as a whole load gets dumped at once and if there are lots of antags there'll be a lot of paragraphs to read through.

4) I believe climbing over a table is impossible alone as a human, but if you have a friend that likes wrestling they might be able to get you over it somehow wink.
Tables & lots of other obstacles can also be dissembled using the tools you find in a blue mechanical toolbox, though this is likely to annoy whoever's room you've decided to remodel & can open restricted areas semi-permanently to antags / clowns etc. so should be done with care if you're not an antag.
Quote:How do I put a mask on a person by force? Like say for instance the person is dying from lack of oxygen and they can't put the oxygen mask on by themselves.
1. Click-drag to enable the interact/steal pop up.
2. Check if they don't have anything on their mask slot, such as a cigarette. Remove as appropriate.
3. With mask inhand, click the "nothing" on the mask slot. This will attach the mask.
4. Depending if you have a small oxygen tank or a large one (make sure there's gas in this tank!)
5a. Small - check if anything is in the pockets, remove as appropriate, click "nothing" to put the small tank in the pocket
5b Large - Remove bag, click "nothing" on the back slot to attach the large tank
6. IMPORTANT - Finally, on the interact menu, click "Enable/set internals" (I forget the terminology). This will turn on the gas tank!
7. Voila! The person is now breathing air/oxygen/agonizing plasma!

Quote:How do I refill an oxygen tank (blue or white) in the Air Canisters in the station without using the blue air tank vending machine?
1.Click the large oxygen/air canisters that are lying around the station with your own personal tank. This will slot the tank in, the canister will give a visible indicator that it's been done
2. Click the canister, which will give you a small pop up. 
3. Crank up the pressure value to it's highest. It's 1032 point something if I recall.
4. Fill up your tank (you'll notice the tank's values increase almost immediately). NB - Don't OPEN the canister (you'll hear a PSSST noise if you've gone wrong!)
5. Eject the tank
6. Now if your tank has been depleted prior to filling it up, the internal pressure inside your tank will have changed. This means the oxygen/air isn't coming out in breathable amounts. You'll have to change this manually, so click the tank inhand to configure the internal pressure, which will give you small pop-up
7a. If it's oxygen, set the internal pressure to 17
7b. If it's air, set the internal pressure to 21 (other mentors, back me up here my memory is shoddy for air tanks)
8. Voila! You now have a refilled air tank.
Quote:Where do I go to see the end round results? 

As Clean your teeth suggested, it will pop up in the sidebar and tickets/fines + stats will pop up in a separate window. There's a small issue with actually getting this info loading as of now as it seems to spam load right as the round ends. I might also suggest Goonhub (check out the wiki) if you've missed out on this.

Quote:And how do I climb up an obstacle like the bar table in the bar as a human?

Tables are designed that they cannot be crossed without some effort due to the fact that they act as an intermediate between workplaces so that characters can interact, such as the bar/HoP's desk. 
There's 3 methods off the top of my head that you can get over a table.
1. Wear a Traitor's Wrestling belt. Aside from giving you matcho abilities, using the *flip emote will backflip onto the table, allowing access
2. "Tabling". This SS13 tradition as old as time is where you grab a player and then press the table to place them on it. On other servers, this will stun them afaik, here not so much. Whilst still grabbing the player, use the *flip emote just like the wrestler. This will cause you and the player on the table to switch places, placing you on top of the table, allowing access. Don't have a willing player? An enraged monkey will do. Although I might recommend killing the bastard beforehand.
3. Like Clean Your Teeth pointed out, you can also deconstruct it with a wrench, or a welder then a wrench if the table is reinforced. As stated, depending on who's behind the table this might result in a buckshot to the face.
(04-09-2019, 02:07 AM)Sundance Wrote: [snip]
7a. If it's oxygen, set the internal pressure to 17
7b. If it's air, set the internal pressure to 21 (other mentors, back me up here my memory is shoddy for air tanks)
[snip]
81 for 'air mix'.