Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inserting Brains Into AI Shells
(04-09-2019, 07:58 AM)Mordent Wrote: replacing the roundstart eyebots with light cyborgs
I am with Mordent. I'd rather have 1 well-programmed cyborg then 2 middling robot-types.
The roboticist can still build eye-bots for the afficianado's, but then the shortcomings are a deliberate choice, which is fine. Eye-bots could devolve into full-on brain-jar fate-worse-then-death, or not. They will be decoupled from the AI-toolset, which I I think would be good.

On the subject of the AI replacement light-cyborg, would people be sufficiently enticed by their AI-role that they won't just hop into (one of?) their cyborgs, get a module from the roboticist, and neglect their job, like so many Station Heads do?
Why remove eyebots? Can't we just literally give them the exact same interface and tools of a light borg? If AI doesn't like using the eyebot because they don' thave as much stuff as a light borg just give them the stuff they want from the light borg?

Youll have to forgive me if I don't understand the issue here because I don't play AI and I don't know what the eyebots have.
Here's an idea: What if the distinction between cyborg and human was made less distinct? What if cyborgs were exactly like humans in playstyle, just with some unique strengths and weaknesses because of their body?

Meaning, cyborgs wouldn't have tools or laws, they would essentially be mechanical humans.

However, eyebots are another option and they become functionally what cyborgs are now: Laws, tool modules, etc. 

Both accept human and AI brains. A human brain is free in cyborg bodies and law bound in eyebots, and an AI brain is always law bound, except they can get functioning arms in a cyborg body
(04-10-2019, 06:46 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Here's an idea: What if the distinction between cyborg and human was made less distinct? What if cyborgs were exactly like humans in playstyle, just with some unique strengths and weaknesses because of their body?

Meaning, cyborgs wouldn't have tools or laws, they would essentially be mechanical humans.

However, eyebots are another option and they become functionally what cyborgs are now: Laws, tool modules, etc. 

Both accept human and AI brains. A human brain is free in  cyborg bodies and law bound in eyebots, and an AI brain is always law bound, except they can get functioning arms in a cyborg body

Sounds like a whole different suggestion honestly. Also I think we kinda derailed this thread in the first place. Whoops
i'd just like to say i much prefer having two disposable shells than 1 slightly better shell. AI shells are fast, strong enough for a robust AI to kill someone with, but not so strong they're unbeatable, and if the AI does lose the fight, they have another. also they're great for fixing things that need tool usage i.e crowbarring a door cause someone is trapped, as, like i said, they're fast as hell
Edit: moved to main post :P
The AI shells should be able to latch onto a headless borg body and run around that way.
(04-11-2019, 08:41 PM)Superlagg Wrote: The AI shells should be able to latch onto a headless borg body and run around that way.

ooooooh headless would be neat too. Might actually work a hell of a lot better than chestless tbh.
(04-11-2019, 08:41 PM)Superlagg Wrote: The AI shells should be able to latch onto a headless borg body and run around that way.

i misread this as just a headless body and honestly either would be good. the AI turns into a body-snatching parasite
this is actually a very interesting idea!

-Would be immediately obvious that its an AI borg shell
- Could simply change from EyebotUI to Borg UI somewhat seamlessly.
-Shell could detach to escape in emergency situation? Also, not all borg modules have jetpack, but Eye Shells do.

Heres a question - What are the HP values of Eye shells vs light borg vs standard borg?
(04-12-2019, 03:50 AM)Recusor Wrote: this is actually a very interesting idea!

-Would be immediately obvious that its an AI borg shell
- Could simply change from EyebotUI to Borg UI somewhat seamlessly.
-Shell could detach to escape in emergency situation? Also, not all borg modules have jetpack, but Eye Shells do.

Heres a question - What are the HP values of Eye shells vs light borg vs standard borg?
good thing I made this huh

2016 AI shells (/mob/living/silicon/hivebot/eyebot) have a max of 40 HP (though a max of 60?? uh)
Wow very awesome, thanks for this big grin