Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
[Small] Ling Absorbtion should splatter some blood
Star 
As the title says. I think that Changelings absorbing people should splatter a bit of blood where it's done and cause a small mess. Just for thematically feeling a bit spooky, and potentially forcing the Changeling player to change and wash their clothes more.

In addition, I think a few other of the more spooky Ling abilities should also splatter blood about, shambling horrors should drip that shit everywhere.

Just a bit of blood. A smidge of blood. A small tad. I need spooky horror movie environment, thank.
Could make it easier for cops to tell who was eaten and blow their cover more effectively.

Course the ling could just eat a janitor, take their mop, and clean up after itself like a considerate murderer.
(04-06-2019, 08:26 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Could make it easier for cops to tell who was eaten and blow their cover more effectively...

All one has to do is scan a husk with a forensic scanner, then you can get the blood DNA from that. This wouldn't change anything.
(04-06-2019, 08:26 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Could make it easier for cops to tell who was eaten and blow their cover more effectively.

Course the ling could just eat a janitor, take their mop, and clean up after itself like a considerate murderer.

What InternetDweller said, and also I think that's slightly the point. I think it would add a slightly more interesting element to Ling if the player was forced to wash their clothes or clean up after their murder spree.
There's been idea floated around of a second method of taking down someone for absorption. Maybe this method could be faster but bloodier, leaving neurotox as a slower cleaner method
I mean. I don't care about the whole "Finding out who was eaten or who ate someone via blood" thing. I just want more blood.
(04-06-2019, 09:25 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I mean. I don't care about the whole "Finding out who was eaten or who ate someone via blood" thing. I just want more blood.

That's really more of a side effect than the main intention, I think I just want some more blood, for being a horrible monster flesh beast I just think when it is actually absorbing it should be a little messier. For spook factor, atmosphere, and uh, BLOOD.
Blood for the Blood God
I like this idea. However, the motives behind this suggestion seem to be different. Particularly, some people see it as simply a side effect of changelings' general actions during a round whereas others seem to want it to be more of a way to detect a changeling. So, there's two very similar possibilities here:

1) Whenever you eat someone, you get blood all over you and them. Basically what OP said.

2) When you eat someone, you get red sludge on you and them. Not blood, but red sludge. Essentially innards that have been partially mushed and digested. It'd be visually indistinguishable from blood, until you look more closely, when you see that the clothes are "sludge-covered" or "sludge-stained".

Option 1 just produces a side-effect of ling eating that doesn't change much to a ling's behaviors. But, option 2 would make the changeling player have to be more cautious about feasting.
(04-09-2019, 09:08 AM)aft2001 Wrote: I like this idea. However, the motives behind this suggestion seem to be different. Particularly, some people see it as simply a side effect of changelings' general actions during a round whereas others seem to want it to be more of a way to detect a changeling. So, there's two very similar possibilities here:

1) Whenever you eat someone, you get blood all over you and them. Basically what OP said.

2) When you eat someone, you get red sludge on you and them. Not blood, but red sludge. Essentially innards that have been partially mushed and digested. It'd be visually indistinguishable from blood, until you look more closely, when you see that the clothes are "sludge-covered" or "sludge-stained".

Option 1 just produces a side-effect of ling eating that doesn't change much to a ling's behaviors. But, option 2 would make the changeling player have to be more cautious about feasting.

I agree with both options. Of course my original suggestion is more akin to simply adding a bit of atmospheric blood, I believe Changeling in general should create a bit more blood to mess with people. As well part of my suggestion is that I think Changeling should have to be more cautious, nothing insane, but it would add a mechanic of washing your clothes, more paranoia, among other things.

Generally, Changelings should be a bit messier when they're actually doing the spooky stuff, encouraging them to get somewhere isolated and alone with their prey.
I like the idea a lot, a simple change, bit of blood for spooks.