Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Re-enable Map Vote on Goon #3
I have no idea if this has been suggested yet, I haven't found a forum post on it yet, so I apologize in advance

The Ssethtide has cooled down and goon 2 still perpetually has too many players and goon 3 perpetually has around 7 or 8. Which means atlas is 100% doable on 3, allowing the ironing out of the map that was planned before the sudden player spike. Map vote on 3 may also even out the player counts between the two servers overall as people won't flock to 2 for freedom of map.
This is disabled due to the backend not being able to handle map switching on 3 or 4 not because of the new player wave. I think it will be enabled once that gets worked out.
(04-05-2019, 10:33 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: This is disabled due to the backend not being able to handle map switching on 3 or 4 not because of the new player wave. I think it will be enabled once that gets worked out.
Aaaaah, I see.
Hope it gets worked out soon.

Also I have noticed that population tends to leave 3/4 at 7 players while Goon #2 hits 80+ and starts to get overloaded.

Do you think maybe it would be a good idea to add a little automated announcement once the server hits a certain amount?

Not a cap but just a reminder that other servers exist, maybe something like.

“This server has a high population at the moment and may lag, you may be interested in [Server Links].”
(04-09-2019, 08:33 AM)Kira Wrote: Hope it gets worked out soon.

Also I have noticed that population tends to leave 3/4 at 7 players while Goon #2 hits 80+ and starts to get overloaded.

Do you think maybe it would be a good idea to add a little automated announcement once the server hits a certain amount?

Not a cap but just a reminder that other servers exist, maybe something like.

“This server has a high population at the moment and may lag, you may be interested in [Server Links].”

I have noticed this. I don't think think this all a result of the mapvote per se (people tend to flock to where their mates are at) but I'm not sure if the lack of mapvote is helping matters.
We already have announcements during the games that tell people to use other goon servers. That aint working. I think we need a cap. 60-70 player cap on 2