Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make firebots spray firefighting foam instead of water
In my ongoing effort to make the lesser-used robots become useful for people other than those with emags, let's talk about the firebot.

Against anything more than a flaming chemist, spraying water actually makes the fire immeasurably worse, because now the air is full of superheated steam from the water boiling off and the floor is covered with scalding hot liquid after the steam condenses. I think this just got missed when firefighting foam became a thing.

Making it spray foam instead would actually make firebots useful for dealing with giant plasma fires, in the engine or otherwise.
They used to spray foam, and I'm not sure when or why that was changed. But yeah, water is useless for fighting fires.
Simple, sensible, and reasonable suggestion. Don't see why this tweak can't be added. +1
Makes sense
I am fine with it still shooting water while emagged, if firefoam sprays can't knock people away/down, of course.
(04-05-2019, 11:17 AM)Berrik Wrote: I am fine with it still shooting water while emagged, if firefoam sprays can't knock people away/down, of course.

Ive always wanted emagged firebots to shoot fire when emagged.
That would make them too effective compared to the other emagged bots. You can do something KINDA like this by putting a beaker full of horrible fire in a normal medibot. No emag needed, either!
(04-05-2019, 07:24 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 11:17 AM)Berrik Wrote: I am fine with it still shooting water while emagged, if firefoam sprays can't knock people away/down, of course.

Ive always wanted emagged firebots to shoot fire when emagged.

I dunno, this sounds hilarious.
Emagged firebots should just bash people in the face with their extinguisher.
Emagged firebots use a hulk-punch like ability and are plenty dangerous as is.
(04-05-2019, 10:00 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Emagged firebots should just bash people in the face with their extinguisher.

That's kinda what they did before (ram into people and knock them down), not sure why they don't do that any more.
Bumping again because water-based firebots are complete garbage at putting out fires.