Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIX] - Put the POISON back in the Poison Bottle
Having run a bartender/doctor traitor about ten to the umpteenth time within the last two weeks, I've been sticking to a regimen of sleepy pens, syringe guns, and poison bottles.

The delivery systems? Excellent! The syringe gun is working far better than ever and the sleepy pen is still one hell of a viable choice.

The poisons, however?

Well...

No matter how MUCH I pour into my pen or load into my gun, it seems none of these poisons have ANY sort of kick whatsoever in putting down the crew. Curare? There's no to relax! Cyanide? No time to suffocate! Coniine? Deadly nightshade MY DYING DAY MY ASS!

They're terrible! Horrendous and terrible! Seven crystals on a cyalume is a better deal than 90 units of CRAP!

(To be fair, I'm not sure what else to suggest other than make these damn poisons worth a crystal when they're NOT named initropodril. That INCLUDES histamine.)

Putting two bottles of histamine into the captain and seeing only an itch is the worst disappointment in all of spacetime
Testing 15-unit syringe doses on a room full of clowns, Mutagen, Radium and Neurotoxin, and Histamine were too weak. The rest were all lethal over different amounts of time, three of them were extremely rapid.

I've removed the weakest poisons, added two new poisons, raised the bottle sizes from 30 to 40 units and adjusted a lot of the poisons to work over a longer period of time now.
APARTHEID Wrote:Coniine? Deadly nightshade MY DYING DAY MY ASS!

Coniine is the toxin found primarily in hemlock. Atropa Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is primarily toxic due to its high atropine content. Eng Left

I like the new changes to the poisons from what I've seen, and I'm glad the more useless ones like unstable mutagen and radium were removed. I do however enjoy the gamble. Not long ago I penned the HOS 5 minutes into the round with a mix of 10 units initro and curare. Right after he'd been mindslaved and was following his new master to a secluded location. Dead in under 10 seconds.