Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's talk abouut reworking predator into a proper antag.
Bet most of you didn't know we HAD predators as antags on this server, did you? That's because it's almost impossible to become one. And if you do, by some miracle, manage to become a predator, they're very... lackluster.

Here are some starting suggestions to spruce them up a bit...

-Make them bleed green.
-Predator mask: this is mostly fine, but should provide flash protection
-Without the mask: you're stuck with thermal vision only.
-Special advanced cloak: Automatically recloaks you after a short time after you're decloaked, but it shorts out for a time if you get splashed with water or fall down in water/get inudated in a flood.
-Spear is fine the way it is. 
-Integrate their laser into their chest armor and change it into an ability (that is lost if they lose their chest armor or somehow have it stripped). Also, if possible, make there be three little laser dots when the pred's aiming in. Perhaps add a minor knockdown/blast effect to it like it has in the movies?
-Give 'em wristblades. This should be easy, just copy werewolf arms and reskin the messages slightly.
-Pred screams/roars/laughs can just be sampled audio files from the movies where appropriate.
-Mabye give them slightly more health/stamina than a normal human because of their alien physiology.

And, most importantly...

-Make them a regular antag.

My thought here about making them fairly robust is that by default, they're a very "loud" kind of antag. They'll be hunting the crew constantly, and you can be damn sure the borgs will be after you too because you can never pass for human.
The biggest suggestion out of ALL of this is Predator needs to be much less rare, a grand total of 4!!! people have the medal regarding Predator objectives. That's 20 less then fucking Helios which normally isn't even achievable via non exploit means.
I see nothing wrong with these suggestions though Ive never played as predator in all my time since 2012 and I have no idea how predator actually plays right now.
Current predator is just a normal guy with some fancy gear.
Yes, this is very much needed
Give them macrobombs
^ I forgot about that thing, maybe have their body turn into something similar to a can bomb after they die, with a 2 minute timer before it splodes very big
great ideas.
(04-03-2019, 07:58 PM)Berrik Wrote: -Special advanced cloak: Automatically recloaks you after a short time after you're decloaked?, but it shorts out for a time if you get splashed with water or fall down in water/get inudated in a flood.

-Spear is fine the way it is.

Maybe regarding the water effect we it could be a blurred effect instead? Not totally obvious, but its still there except in the dark it would be even more difficult to notice.

As per this thread - https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=11862 it might be worth doublechecking their spear code to make sure its not affected the same way.
So question about spear, with the stamina/stun changes does the spear still stun when thrown? It was basically a copy of the butcher's knife in that it stunned when thrown at someone. That would definitely have to be fixed otherwise ye aint got no stuns.
Butcher knife doesnt stun/knock down when you throw it at someone so I assume the same would be true for the spear
traitor chef knife definitely did have a stun/knockdown on throw, if it doesnt anymore thats a bug.
i havent been predator in a long while but its not bad, could definitely do with some reworking though. also the predator mask is crazy good, even without flash protection. the mask alone gives thermal, is a gas mask, i believe is a voice changer, and can be acquired easily outside of predator rounds wink

anyway yeah predator being a little more common and/or stronger would be good
(04-04-2019, 02:34 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i havent been predator in a long while but its not bad, could definitely do with some reworking though. also the predator mask is crazy good, even without flash protection. the mask alone gives thermal, is a gas mask, i believe is a voice changer, and can be acquired easily outside of predator rounds wink

anyway yeah predator being a little more common and/or stronger would be good

Correct, you can get the predator mask from QM masquerade crates rarely.
notice how i didnt mention the actual method of acquiring them
bumping this for Flaborized