Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xadia Station
Photo 
Heyo, its ya boy Wubs

I've always been a fan of design but never got into SS13 mapping mainly because working with the mapping tool is like pulling teeth. Most of my experience comes from Barotrauma actually, and I've made a few subs on there and had quite a lot of fun doing so. However, I've been playing a good amount of Goon recently thanks to the player jolt and I thought now would be a good time to try my hand at the beautifully chaotic world of SS13 mapping.

Below is a very rough outline that I made and plan on iterating on over time with weekly updates. You may see me around this mapping area asking questions in regards to how subsystems like disposals and power work as I get farther along but I don't imagine that happening anytime soon. If you have any critique, advice, or you just want to call me a shitlorde for committing some cardinal sin of SS13 design then feel free to let me know below.

I now present, a very skeletal Xadia, free of most subrooms and space catwalks. 

[Image: unknown.png]

And a more zoomed in image of the command area (central wing of the station).
[Image: unknown.png?width=304&height=300]
It's gonna be hell to get from one place to another. If you don't like current mapping tools, you should try out QDMM. There is a thread somewhere in the mapping subforum for it.
I mean if you wanted maint could act as pseudo bridges between the arms.
(03-31-2019, 08:43 AM)HydroFloric Wrote: I mean if you wanted maint could act as pseudo bridges between the arms.

That was actually something I was seriously considering! I have an idea in mind that I'll post pictures up later, as it stands I'm working on the research/medical wing that I'm going to post first.
[Image: unknown.png?width=600&height=469]
Update 1:
Started mapping the MedSci wing of the station, not totally done yet obviously but I think I have the walls at least in place, now it's more just placing down floor tiles, machinery, and eventually items. 

Let me know what you think! I'm going to start mapping the maint tunnel connections between the station arms before going further on MedSci in case anyone has feedback so I can make adjustments as needed.

(also I've been trying to do the <spoiler></spoiler thing> to make images nicer in these posts but I couldn't figure it out)
1: having medicine at the end of an arm won't really fly, see for example Samedi - when it's that far from everything, people die.
2: the layout of medbay is kinda spindly and like a series of halways, makes triage and movement with blood shrapnel and nukies very difficult.
3: you should be using the Wingrille spawners, not the forward-facing window sprites, compile this and you'll see what im talking about.