Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bring back the blob quarantine, again
Someone removed it again, it's time to put it back for basically the same reasons as last time (early shuttle calls to get the cowardly crew out of fighting it + ruining the blob's round since it can't possibly win in time)
the blob automatically wins if it has a nucleus when the shuttle docks at centcom, and it irks me to give the crew nooptions for conceding
Yeah okay fair enough, I didn't know about that first part. I'll withdraw this
The problem is the crew isn't the ones deciding to concede, its the captain or the AI deciding on their behalf to concede. Too often I see blob rounds end way too early and the blob player essentially being cheated out of his very rare blob round. Green text is little conciliation for that. Evacuation should only be possible after significant crew deaths during a blob round.
There are a total potential of 7 people who can call the shuttle and a potential 6 that can recall it, and that's assuming no one stole the captain's spare ID or was given all access to deal with the blob.

Convince those who can do shuttle work better.
(04-07-2019, 08:58 PM)Technature Wrote: There are a total potential of 7 people who can call the shuttle and a potential 6 that can recall it, and that's assuming no one stole the captain's spare ID or was given all access to deal with the blob.

Convince those who can do shuttle work better.

Actually anyone can call the shuttle with a tiny bit of know-how and they can do so as a straight up staff assistant, clown, or what-have-you with no additiinal, changed, or stolen access.
(04-07-2019, 07:34 PM)BananaKingTasigur Wrote: The problem is the crew isn't the ones deciding to concede, its the captain or the AI deciding on their behalf to concede. Too often I see blob rounds end way too early and the blob player essentially being cheated out of his very rare blob round. Green text is little conciliation for that. Evacuation should only be possible after significant crew deaths during a blob round.

You can't even get full greentext, as you have a second objective to grow to a very, very large size
I'm partial to not allowing the immediate calling of the shuttle, because even if the Blob "technically" wins, it still gimps that player out of a round as an antag because the crew was being cowardly.
Maybe just have a NT time limit where the shuttle is unable to come until the 35/40 minute mark
Make the shuttle arrive, but delay it's leaving until the blob is defeated.
If you want to force the crew to sit around until the blob wins, then the blob victory threshold has to be cranked way, way down. Barring a miracle, once the blob has reached 250-300 tiles, the crew has pretty much no way to actually defeat the blob anymore and mostly shifts to containment. At that point if anyone actually wants the round to end but can't leave the station then they have to just sit around and let the blob win. I've seen even blobs that have killed functionally everyone get bored of expanding and stop at around 400+ tiies because it's so boring to mindlessly expand without any resistance.