Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Endlessly reuse patches
I believe this bug is caused by lag

While the server is a little laggy just spam click yourself or a target with a patch and it will count as multiple applications (might take a bit to actually work, due to the lag)

sometimes the patch never disappears at all so you can just put it back in it's box for later use
ive experienced this bug ages ago but back then the patch wouldnt actually apply the chemical repeatedly, after the first time it would just do nothing on application
This seems to be related to an issue I had a few days ago where, during a particularly laggy round, things I ate with matter eater didn't actually disappear instantly. They'd just vanish up to a minute later, though until then I could still use them like normal.
(03-31-2019, 03:00 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: ive experienced this bug ages ago but back then the patch wouldnt actually apply the chemical repeatedly, after the first time it would just do nothing on application

This is what I have also been experienceing, but it only seemed to happen when I press C to use it in hand.
Clicking myself with the patch seemed to make it disappear as it should, with a little lag delay.
This also works with floor tiles
This also (maybe) affects glass bottles, which can be shattered repeatedly when its laggy, cutting the heck out of the person's hand and dealing quite a lot of damage.
This sounds like an issue with not properly de-referencing things fully (or having it on a delay), therefore it sticks around for a bit while longer than it should.