Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Remove the Captain and AI Roles Being Forced
Currently, if the Captain or AI roles aren't set to Unwanted, you'll be forced to play as one of them. All this does is lead new players to become the Captain and AI which isn't very good; especially for the RP server. I'd think this would be a simple feature to remove that'd provide great benefit.
Honestly neither roles are necessary, if it's low pop and you need all access there's some wire cutters and a spare id for that.
The main problem is that the mix of new players plus the RP server guidelines means that "well, you can hack in and steal the ID" isn't really a great idea.

This is where that idea someone was working on of having a way to request access to departments would come in handy.
I can understand the AI because the playstyle is so unique, but why would you not require the role that has access to every area? It's even more RP breaking that NT would leave that role vacant and make everyone have to break into areas they didn't have access to
Maybe if nobody rolls Captain, a random crewbie is chosen as Employee of the Month and given an all-access ID. Or populate vacant departments with job-geared Shitty Bill clones.
Dont force AI but yeah keep Captain as forced.
I change my mind on Captain, as they can easily change their role to whatever they wish.