Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CTRL Click on Names to Open Nearby Doors as AI
As the AI, there are currently two fairly quick ways to open nearby doors for people. Either, 1) Track the person by clicking on the person's name in the chat who asked and then open the door they are at, or 2) Use the Open Nearby Door option. While both these options work fine, the first is not always possible if there isn't a camera in view, and the second takes some time to track down the person on the long list, especially with the increased traffic the servers have been receiving. So I propose a third, faster option. If you hold the 'control' key when clicking on someone's name on the text, it will automatically open the nearby door section for that specific person. This helps speed things up for both the AI and the person waiting, and makes use of the hotkeys the AI already has available.
No you're actually trying to make the job of AI bearable.

Also I actually think this is a bad idea, because opening doors for people without looking at what door they are trying to get in could be a problem.
(03-30-2019, 05:54 PM)qwertyquerty Wrote: No you're actually trying to make the job of AI bearable.

Also I actually think this is a bad idea, because opening doors for people without looking at what door they are trying to get in could be a problem.

This can be fixed by displaying a popup to the AI when they do it stating the name of the door that will be opened. And maybe the area that the person is standing in so you know whether you're letting them in and out.

Might get too confusing though, not sure.
(03-30-2019, 06:46 PM)kyle2143 Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 05:54 PM)qwertyquerty Wrote: No you're actually trying to make the job of AI bearable.

This can be fixed by displaying a popup to the AI when they do it stating the name of the door that will be opened. And maybe the area that the person is standing in so you know whether you're letting them in and out.

Might get too confusing though, not sure.

I was playing AI earlier and the pop-up showed up when I used the command. It listed the area of where the door led to. I don't believe the pop-up is confusing, either.
brilliant. the open nearest door command is currently literally worthless, as it's way faster to just click their name and open the door yourself, this would mean i dont have to switch between people, especially if im tracking someone in particular and have to lose them to open a door, so this is a great idea
Honestly, tricking an AI into opening a door they shouldn't have because they didn't bother to check makes for interesting scenarios that could be fun.

I think it would even be law compliant, because any harm done could be considered unknowingly done.
I'd suggest making it so that you can alt/control+click doors as a human and ring a doorbell, which gives the AI the option to open/not open it :P
I understand the convenience is useful, but the AI should be checking the locations of where people are asking to be let in.

Its job is to let people into safe places in case of an emergency or to let people get things to help them with things they've been told to do.

And to let people out of places they can't leave.

I feel like this is a step away from the AI getting into trouble with an admin because someone wanted to kill someone else and the victim only managed to escape them because there's a door their would be killer can't use that they can.
(03-31-2019, 01:35 PM)Erik Wrote: I'd suggest making it so that you can alt/control+click doors as a human and ring a doorbell, which gives the AI the option to open/not open it :P

Really like this idea
(03-31-2019, 01:45 PM)Technature Wrote: I understand the convenience is useful, but the AI should be checking the locations of where people are asking to be let in.

Its job is to let people into safe places in case of an emergency or to let people get things to help them with things they've been told to do.

And to let people out of places they can't leave.

I feel like this is a step away from the AI getting into trouble with an admin because someone wanted to kill someone else and the victim only managed to escape them because there's a door their would be killer can't use that they can.

I mean in this specific situation the AI should have the foresight not to let them in due to people shouting over comms that ##### is a tator, though I get what you're saying. I still vote for adding it because during some of the more chaotic rounds at 20 people the AI would have a lot on their plate. I can only imagine the horror that is playing AI at 50+ people.
(03-31-2019, 02:05 PM)Triacontakai Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 01:35 PM)Erik Wrote: I'd suggest making it so that you can alt/control+click doors as a human and ring a doorbell, which gives the AI the option to open/not open it :P

Really like this idea

This idea seems really nice, I agree. I would suggest that it only show the requesting ID, not the exact name of the person, but you can click the request to move camera there.
^^^^^^^^

This is nice and good