Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give Ling DNA Grab / Handspider Gnaw
Not spamming a wall of text this time, quick little idea, I think it would be decent to give Lings an option for gathering DNA outside of full suckage.

Handspiders already have this so giving the main Ling body this isn't a bad idea or a stretch I think.

Either:
A: - Exact copy paste of Handspider Gnaw

B: - New Buffed Handspider gnaw, works similar to fiber wire but instead of killing you aggressive grab them, suck 2-3 DNA, potentially causes a small amount of toxins? Maybe. Probably give Neuro a Cost of 2 or somethin' small if you have this otherwise it might be too heavy a buff but maybe not. So combos will be GnawGrab->Sting with newly gathered DNA->Succ

Thoughts?
I like it. Sounds fun.

Edit: I wanted to ask, is this a simple thing to code, it would just be copy pasting one thing to another, right? As for Option B wouldn’t it be kinda strong to just be able to essentially poison chomp people into a quick grab?

As well, maybe Neurotoxin works too slowly for it to be a viable replacement unless the attack silences their voice temporarily as well, maybe just like 5-10 seconds of that “gasping” where you can’t talk on radio?

I do like the idea of Changelings having a different “opening move” though. Something still stealthy of course. Variety is the spice of life, no?
(03-30-2019, 02:53 PM)Kira Wrote: As well, maybe Neurotoxin works too slowly for it to be a viable replacement unless the attack silences their voice temporarily as well, maybe just like 5-10 seconds of that “gasping” where you can’t talk on radio?

I have no idea if it's simple to code, I would imagine so. My idea with the first suggestion is just to give Lings a bit of variety, no it's not something that's overpowered, or even something they need, but I think it makes thematic sense and could just be fun. As for Option B.

I suppose your right, I think my concern right now is I still want Changelings to win 1v1 no matter what. They should win that, easily, I just don't like how it is Neurotoxin+Drag away. I would like if you can just get people into a secluded space, and pounce them.

So perhaps have it work like fiber wire but with absorbing instead, it silences so they can't call for help, still results in a win in a 1v1, and just gives lings another option of fighting people. Do they want to lure them somewhere to pounce, or do they want to sting them and drag them away?